The Student Room Group

Katie Hopkins puts on 3 and half stone...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehforum
So when is loosing weight not an option?

Edit - I read your edit, and I agree. Sometimes it just isn't possible.

Original post by xmertic
Any form of motor neuron disease, paralysis, diabetes can make it next to impossible for a person to loose weight depending on the individual circumstance.

There will be other not so obvious issues if you will, that will make it not an option. Aside from obvious temporary stuff, i.e. broken legs etc.

pls stop
Original post by bananaminion
She has a husband??:eek: B-b-but who would let her bring up their kids??

Have you seen how utterly depressed her kids are? They've completely lost the will to live.

I agree with her. Most of the time it is a fat person's own fault they are fat.
Original post by manchesterunited15
pls stop

I've been infected by another user's mistake.

My bad. I never make spelling mistakes, so this is a major shock haha
Original post by Sicaspeak
Have you seen how utterly depressed her kids are? They've completely lost the will to live.

I was about to comment "I wonder if she's ever made any comments about ugly kids, because that would be a bit rich", so I thought I'd check first.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/379167/Katie-Hopkins-calls-her-daughters-ugly-while-claiming-her-son-could-be-gay

Nailed it.
That woman will do anything to have people talking about her :rolleyes:
Original post by tehforum
Of course, those would be accounted for.

I thought you going to mention life's trials and tribulations including stress from home and work life.

Well I'd put down depression as a reason but I wouldn't put it down as one which would make it too hard to loose weight in most cases anyway. It all comes down to severity and personal circumstance with that one.
pls stop

No, it's a thread, people discuss. Just don't read my stuff :smile:
Original post by xmertic
No, it's a thread, people discuss. Just don't read my stuff :smile:

lol so unaware
She should join Labour
Reply 50
If it helps delusional people, crying about 'genetics', to see reason, then I'm all for it.
Original post by Sicaspeak

Spoiler

Ohhh those poor poor kids, I really feel for them. (WHAT HAS SHE DRESSED THEM IN?!)
lol so unaware

I'm aware that you're referring to the fact I put two 'o's' as oppose to the correct one 'o'. It's a typo, deal with it :smile:
Original post by Gherk
If it helps delusional people, crying about 'genetics', to see reason, then I'm all for it.

I'm willing to bet that some would still say that even though she controlled her calorie intake and exercised, they'd claim that she has superior weight-loss genetics.
Original post by bananaminion
Ohhh those poor poor kids, I really feel for them. (WHAT HAS SHE DRESSED THEM IN?!)

Old curtains.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I was about to comment "I wonder if she's ever made any comments about ugly kids, because that would be a bit rich", so I thought I'd check first.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/379167/Katie-Hopkins-calls-her-daughters-ugly-while-claiming-her-son-could-be-gay

Nailed it.

:zomg:

Wow.

No, seriously. WOW.

As if kids these days don't have enough pressure to look and act a certain way, when YOUR OWN MOTHER deems you to be ugly you're pretty much bound to have zero self-esteem.
Original post by xmertic
I'm aware that you're referring to the fact I put two 'o's' as oppose to the correct one 'o'. It's a typo, deal with it :smile:

You obviously weren't since your first reply was unrelated to that.

It's not a typo, it's ignorance
This "project" is so flawed.
People that are fat through their own fault don't put it on THAT quickly. They usually start losing their routine and don't intentionally put weight on. A lot of people have an unhealthy attachment to food too,either a sugar addiction or using it as a reward or a comfort.
She'll have had a fairly healthy routine before, and a healthy relationship to food, and 3 months of FORCING herself to eat that many calories a day is sure as hell not going to change her attitude towards food and exercise. So of COURSE losing weight is going to be easy for her!

I'm not saying the initial point she's making is wrong, she's just going about proving it in the wrong way.
Maybe if she'd taken this more slowly and continued with her life as she needed to whilst gradually consuming larger amounts of calories with less exercise, I'd pay more attention to it.
Original post by Viva Emptiness

Nailed it.

She's 38??
hmmm..i dislike her but kinda of agree on this issue. loads of people hate her, mostly just because she says stuff to be controversial, but it's always the way that she says things that makes people so annoyed with her
It's been done a few times before already e.g. http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/05/health/drew-manning-fit2fat2fit-lessons/.

But fair play to her for putting her money where her mouth is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending