The Student Room Group

Katie Hopkins puts on 3 and half stone...

...to prove that fat people only have themselves to blame.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2739736/People-say-You-lucky-skinny-Katie-Hopkins-piles-four-stone-overweight-people-fat-fault.html

A (large) part of me hopes she never loses it and stays that way forever just because she's an insufferable banshee (even though she is essentially right).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow. That's pretty amazing.

She's still a witch though. And a bitch.
Reply 2
Elitist ,stiff upper lipped, too good for us plebs, born to rule WITCH!! :biggrin:
Reply 3
I hate the woman with an undying passion however in some ways I respect her for that

Not because fat people have only themselves to blame as not all do, however there is a partial amount that do and she does have a point

Spoiler

EDIT: Having read the full article I completely agree with her, and kudo's to her decision. Especially for now trying to lose it again as a documentary.

(edited 9 years ago)
She's a joker. I laugh at her but then get mad at how stupid her opinions are.
She's going to eat too much and not do enough exercise, to prove that eating too much and not doing enough exercise makes you fat, to prove that being fat is wrong?

She seems like a bit of a dumbass tbh
Reply 6
I hate her but she's right. Again.
Original post by yo radical one
She's going to eat too much and not do enough exercise, to prove that eating too much and not doing enough exercise makes you fat, to prove that being fat is wrong?

I think her plan is to lose it again super quickly with a sickening smug look on her face that's bound to give millions of people a rage-induced stroke.
Although I don't agree with a lot she's said/done in the past (and the present with that obese woman on This Morning), I love that she's doing this. She's absolutely right - people do look for any excuse when it comes to justifying their weight because they can't accept the fact that they need alter their diet and lifestyle if they're going to lose weight. Over the last 3 years I've lost almost 60 lbs (~90lbs in total because in the process I gained some and lost some) and have gone from about 180lbs to 125lbs. People (mainly family and friends who knew me when I was fat) ask me all the time how I lost weight and as soon as I mention calorie counting they switch off and stop listening because "it's too much effort" is what they say to me. Everyone searches for the easy way out but the closest thing they'll find to the easy way is changing their diet and exercising a little bit. Losing weight is piss easy, but no one realises until they do the right thing and change their diet. I hope to god she's able to show people this because someone needs to.
I love this woman.
Reply 10
Haha respect to her.
Original post by yo radical one

I'd imagine she's then going to eat healthily & exercise to lose the weight to prove that it's fat people's fault.

(She is still a dumbass though)
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I think her plan is to lose it again super quickly with a sickening smug look on her face that's bound to give millions of people a rage-induced stroke.

She probably just wants attention, I mean sure it's possible to lose fat fast especially if she normally lives a lifestyle where she is not overweight, so it's not a really big deal, eating loads then reverting back to normality.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
I'd imagine she's then going to eat healthily & exercise to lose the weight to prove that it's fat people's fault.

(She is still a dumbass though)

It seems stupid to care, honestly I don't understand why people think they have the right to dictate how others should lead their lives and the thing is, I genuinely believe that I am in better shape than 95% of all the neckbeards here who think that fat-shaming is a good thing.
Original post by Vixen47
Although I don't agree with a lot she's said/done in the past (and the present with that obese woman on This Morning), I love that she's doing this. She's absolutely right - people do look for any excuse when it comes to justifying their weight because they can't accept the fact that they need alter their diet and lifestyle if they're going to lose weight. Over the last 3 years I've lost almost 60 lbs (~90lbs in total because in the process I gained some and lost some) and have gone from about 180lbs to 125lbs. People (mainly family and friends who knew me when I was fat) ask me all the time how I lost weight and as soon as I mention calorie counting they switch off and stop listening because "it's too much effort" is what they say to me. Everyone searches for the easy way out but the closest thing they'll find to the easy way is changing their diet and exercising a little bit. Losing weight is piss easy, but no one realises until they do the right thing and change their diet. I hope to god she's able to show people this because someone needs to.

Agreed. It would be easier to get the message across if she wasn't such a heinous bitch, though. Of all the people to be proven wrong by, she is probably the last person Earth I'd choose.
Stress eating
I personally like her (unpopular opinion I know) yes she has some weird views like geographical names yet names her child India but apart from that I agree with most things she says especially this. Not every obese person is going to have medical issues to make them so overweight. I think it's good that she's trying to raise awareness and encourage people to lose weight.
Is this the same Katie Hopkins that went to Sandhurst royal military academy? What has her life come to.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
...to prove that fat people only have themselves to blame.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2739736/People-say-You-lucky-skinny-Katie-Hopkins-piles-four-stone-overweight-people-fat-fault.html

A (large) part of me hopes she never loses it and stays that way forever just because she's an insufferable banshee (even though she is essentially right).

So if a person has a form of medical issue which makes it pointless for them to try and loose weight because it's either that hard or a health risk, they have themselves to blame?

I think what you have posted is kind of ignorant.

I'm not sure if you do have anything against fat people in general... but it certainly seems like you do. So I thought I should tell you that just because a person is overweight doesn't make them any worse or better than you. And it certainly isn't always their own fault.
I actually think she looks better with the weight, lol. She looks friendlier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending