The Student Room Group

i want to become a hacker

i used to put in prime minister as my ambition but i have a change of thought after long hours of soul searching last night. i want to be a hacker instead now!

ok where do i start?
hacking is nearly not as hard or impressive as the Dailymail readers seem to think.
Do computer science
Do computer forensic
Reply 4
Original post by GnomeMage
i used to put in prime minister as my ambition but i have a change of thought after long hours of soul searching last night. i want to be a hacker instead now!

ok where do i start?

And hack what?
It's not even anything like how you would imagine.

It could just been being really good at understanding how the "logic" of a program works and realising there is a blind spot or a bug the coders missed. So I guess learn to code and see how good at spotting things you are.
Unfortunately hacking most peoples PCs particularly if they use Windows is not nearly as difficult as you might think.
Reply 7
Do Bsc Mathematics and Computer Science

Msc Cryptography

Learn about as much cryptography and the maths behind it as you can.

AES, DES, Diffie Hellman Key Exchange, Public Key Cryptography
Reply 8
Well, some universities offer courses in Ethical Hacking, which would give you a platform to start a career in hacking, but you would probably already need to have a good knowledge of coding before you take the course.

The government and security company's are the largest employers of hackers. Just make sure you don't take a turn to the dark side and start hacking for evil purposes.
Learn to program (write your own programs and edit other source codes). Learn where you can exploit your own programs then how to exploit others.

Or just download a bunch of tools and pretend you learned something...
i want to be a hacker instead now!

Well for a start; don't use the term "hacker"- this is what kids say on Call Of Duty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
See you in jail...:rofl:

Ethical hacking and penetration testing does exist.

ok where do i start?

Ask someone in PC World
Reply 13
Original post by Grimbo
Well, some universities offer courses in Ethical Hacking, which would give you a platform to start a career in hacking, but you would probably already need to have a good knowledge of coding before you take the course.

The government and security company's are the largest employers of hackers. Just make sure you don't take a turn to the dark side and start hacking for evil purposes.

Are there any courses for unethical hacking?

At universities? Of course, because they all want to teach you to break the law...
Reply 15

I have a feeling that you're not going to be using your hacking skills for the benefit of society.
Reply 16
You need to connect to the target computer using the correct IP address and port number. Theres tons of ways to get this for example, you could set up a web server that tracks the ip and send them the url.

Next you need a password cracker: theres two types: dictionary - Which will automatically try passwords from a list(fast but not guaranteed to get it) and then theres brute force.
Brute force will try every combination of characters possible - it gets the password every time but is very slow.

Then you need a trace tracker - this will beep at increasingly fast intervals to tell you how close the cops are to tracking you whilst your doing your hacking.
Now you ready to sign in to internic and accept your latest mission.
Happy hacking
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest