The Student Room Group

Transfer to medicine in UK

Hello everyone!:wink: So I'm an Irish student studying Biomed in Ireland and about to go into my 2nd year..I was thinking of transferring to study medicine after my 3rd year as my course lasts for 4 years. Does anybody know what unis would be open to transfers and whether my Leaving Cert results (A levels) would matter..my results being BBB at higher level without taking chemistry, I only took maths and biology. Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Emmz96
Hello everyone!:wink: So I'm an Irish student studying Biomed in Ireland and about to go into my 2nd year..I was thinking of transferring to study medicine after my 3rd year as my course lasts for 4 years. Does anybody know what unis would be open to transfers and whether my Leaving Cert results (A levels) would matter..my results being BBB at higher level without taking chemistry, I only took maths and biology. Thanks in advance :smile:

I don't think this would be possible I'm afraid - British medical schools rarely accept transfers from eachother or other UK universities, let alone universities abroad. A better course of action would be to complete your BSc in Ireland and apply for graduate entry medicine here :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
I don't think this would be possible I'm afraid - British medical schools rarely accept transfers from eachother or other UK universities, let alone universities abroad. A better course of action would be to complete your BSc in Ireland and apply for graduate entry medicine here :smile:

Thanks alot for the response. To be honest I also considered that option.
Democracy is correct. Upon completion of*your biomedical science degree, apply for graduate entry medicine via UCAS. Which means taking additional British exams such as the UKCAT and/or GAMSAT. (Well the latter isn't entirely UK based!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending