The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2015/2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by msmith9382
Hi, is anyone looking to apply to study physiotherapy at Teesside from September 2015? I applied last year and managed to gain a place to start this year but due to personal circumstances I have had to defer a year! If I can help anyone with anything please get in touch and I will do my best to help out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I've applied to Teesside! I got offered a place on their MSc course but couldn't go because I missed the conditions of my offer by 3%! So hoping my BSc application has more luck
Original post by Ellenafarrow14
Yes I've applied to Teesside! I got offered a place on their MSc course but couldn't go because I missed the conditions of my offer by 3%! So hoping my BSc application has more luck

Good luck with your application. My place is for the BSc too. So glad I don't have to worry about ucas again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck with your application. My place is for the BSc too. So glad I don't have to worry about ucas again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Can I ask why you picked Teesside? Did you get offers from other places too? As at the moment it's not my first choice but I know the teaching is meant to be good and the building is new so I'm not entirely sure where to place it in my choices!
Thank you! Can I ask why you picked Teesside? Did you get offers from other places too? As at the moment it's not my first choice but I know the teaching is meant to be good and the building is new so I'm not entirely sure where to place it in my choices!

Yeah no problem, I applied to Northumbria too as it was the most local to me and I missed out by 1point in the interview when I received feedback. I had a good look around Teesside and was very impressed with the facilities. They even had things like a hydrotherapy pool which Northumbria didn't have! Small point but overall it was mainly just a nicer feel to the place when I was there, people and the site itself. I know of one person who started the course last week and they are hugely impressed so far with everything! Are there any reasons as to why you wouldn't want to choose Teesside?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah no problem, I applied to Northumbria too as it was the most local to me and I missed out by 1point in the interview when I received feedback. I had a good look around Teesside and was very impressed with the facilities. They even had things like a hydrotherapy pool which Northumbria didn't have! Small point but overall it was mainly just a nicer feel to the place when I was there, people and the site itself. I know of one person who started the course last week and they are hugely impressed so far with everything! Are there any reasons as to why you wouldn't want to choose Teesside?

Posted from TSR Mobile

See now you're making my decision even harder :P northumbria is also one of my 5. But I liked that more when I went there. The thing I didn't like about Teesside was the area it was in, it didn't seem that nice but I know there's a lot of building work going on to make the uni better. The facilities were good though I loved the building. And the area is so cheap to live in! I can see if I get more than one offer I could have a lot of deciding to do!
Original post by blackstah
Hey, guys, I really wanted to apply for physiotherapy this year but I took History, Biology and Maths and got a BCC respectively at AS level. I'm getting predicted BCC for my A2. Is there any point applying this year? And I realise physio is highly competitive but I was wondering if I got higher, would it be possible to go through adjustment?

I applied for physio 2013 entry with the predicted grades of BBC and got 5 straight rejections, none of the universities even read my personal statement because the first thing they looked at were my grades, which weren't good enough :frown: I suppose you could apply and if you do end up getting the grades then try going through clearing when you get your results in August? Good luck!
Original post by EllieHawkyard24
I applied for physio 2013 entry with the predicted grades of BBC and got 5 straight rejections, none of the universities even read my personal statement because the first thing they looked at were my grades, which weren't good enough :frown: I suppose you could apply and if you do end up getting the grades then try going through clearing when you get your results in August? Good luck!

A little confused with your post.

How do you know whether or not they had read your personal statement? Doesn't it come up on the UCAS application with your grades? :s-smilie:

Did you end up reapplying for 2014 entry?
Original post by NishaaaR
A little confused with your post.

How do you know whether or not they had read your personal statement? Doesn't it come up on the UCAS application with your grades? :s-smilie:

Did you end up reapplying for 2014 entry?

You can contact the universities for feedback as to why you have been rejected etc. when I got in contact they said they couldn't say an awful lot because they didn't read my personal statement due to my grades not being good enough, and no but I'm reapplying for 2015 entry, I'm in my second year of a BTEC nationals extended diploma :smile:
You can contact the universities for feedback as to why you have been rejected etc. when I got in contact they said they couldn't say an awful lot because they didn't read my personal statement due to my grades not being good enough, and no but I'm reapplying for 2015 entry, I'm in my second year of a BTEC nationals extended diploma :smile:

I didn't know you could do that. A few years ago I applied to a similar course with poor AS results due to extenuating circumstances and still managed to bag 4/5 offers. Which universities did you apply to in 2013?

Good luck this year! :smile:

Thank you so much for replying. This, and a lot of other information, has helped me to decide to still apply for university but prepare for an almost certain gap year.

I guess a year getting relevant work experience and working towards bettering my A-level results will be the best idea for me. I think, at the moment, this will be the most sensible option.

I will try to update how everything has worked out next year.

See ya! :smile:
Original post by Aaronh96
Hi guys, I'm just starting my first year of physio at York St John so recently went through all this. If anybody wants any help or to ask any questions about York or applications, I'm happy to help :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Thank you for the offer:

I was wondering how the interview process was like? I can't imagine how nerve racking it was to do an interview for physiotherapy. What type of questions did they ask? Was there a group interview?

What weighed in more to their decision of accepting your application? Was it grades, personal statement or interview? (In your opinion)

What made you choose York St. Johns when it came down to it? Was it the teaching? The general environment?

Thank you so much for this btw. It's really cool because I really want to go to York St. Johns for uni (2nd choice)

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you hear from Teesside? Just wondering if I'm likely to be waiting until January before I hear anything!
I've got a random question about personal statements: When starting a new paragraph do you have to leave a gap or can you just start a new line to indicate a new paragraph?! I'm pretty happy with my personal statement I'm just trying to fit everything in the 47 line maximum!
When did you hear from Teesside? Just wondering if I'm likely to be waiting until January before I hear anything!

I handed my application in around October time last year and didn't hear back until the start of February. If I remember rightly some people said they don't shortlist applicants until after the actual deadlines etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shrublemaker
I've got a random question about personal statements: When starting a new paragraph do you have to leave a gap or can you just start a new line to indicate a new paragraph?! I'm pretty happy with my personal statement I'm just trying to fit everything in the 47 line maximum!

Just start a new line, definitely not enough space for everything if you're leaving a line blank between paragraphs :smile:
Original post by Loopy-Lottie
Just start a new line, definitely not enough space for everything if you're leaving a line blank between paragraphs :smile:

Thank you that helps out a lot! :smile:
Oh..... I left a line. It was an absolute nightmare getting it to fit, I spent weeks looking up words in a thesaurus that meant the same but had less characters! Then deleting lines and words that were not quite as important as others.

At our one point it was actually exactly 47 lines and 4000 characters but that was in Word, as soon as uploaded it to UCAS it was three lines too long and I had spend an afternoon cutting again.

I did did put a couple of paragraphs together when usually I would have separated them, but they were related so it was passable. On the whole I thought mine looked better with some spacing when I looked at the final thing in UCAS.

I sure the finished PSs will vary hugely when the universities receive them.

Can I ask, what universities did you apply for?
Yes, York St. John, Leeds met, Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria and Salford were the ones I applied for in 2013, and this year I'm applying for York Leeds Northumbria again and teeside and Cumbria :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just sent my UCAS application off!!! O.O It's been a long time since I wasn't working on it... in the hands of my referees now anyway! I need to calm down though considering it's three months til nearly everywhere even starts looking at the applications :P

Quick Reply

Latest