The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are people on TSR so cruel...

So many people think it's fun to abuse those with mental illnesses like me. It's THE STUDENT ROOM! NOT 4chan! You just dont expect this kind of horrible abuse from random people who've never met you ON A YOUNG STUDENT FORUM!!!!!!!!

I honestly feel so bad right now...why do people feel they can just do anything...

Scroll to see replies

If you find yourself being abused on the forum I would recommend reporting the post and letting the mods deal with the perpetrator. You can do this by clicking the little flag button on the right hand side of posts. :smile:
King, **** them!
If you feel bad, you could always log off and go outside with friends.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
King, **** them!

Haha, thanks. I wish I could...

Men are supposed to be "strong" and powerful and I just let people walk all over me. I cant do anything about it cos my reaction would be over the top and I'd end up doing something extreme.
Original post by bittr n swt
If you feel bad, you could always log off and go outside with friends.

Not cool bro, not cool.
Reply 7
Original post by Sabertooth
If you find yourself being abused on the forum I would recommend reporting the post and letting the mods deal with the perpetrator. You can do this by clicking the little flag button on the right hand side of posts. :smile:

Thanks, it's hard when theres so many people doing the abuse though...
lol its so bait who this is

anyway ot, people do it because they can vent all their anger online anonymously by taking the piss out of some random stranger

in some twisted way, it probably makes them feel better about themselves

just remember that the kind of people that do that probably have lots of insecurities of their own

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
^ Generalisation, not all of us are like this. To be honest, probably no where near up to half of us.

Report those who are being cruel to you but don't blame their actions on all of us.
Original post by stroppyninja
Not cool bro, not cool.

He has a point. Its just its a weekday and none of my friends are around right now.
Original post by stroppyninja
Not cool bro, not cool.

Brah that was good advice.
Haha, thanks. I wish I could...

Men are supposed to be "strong" and powerful and I just let people walk all over me. I cant do anything about it cos my reaction would be over the top and I'd end up doing something extreme.

People's comments are meaningless, unless they're positive. Nobody wants to come to terms with their own insecurities, so feel they must be obliged to get a reaction out of someone else to fuel their own entertainment or whatever the ****.
Thanks, it's hard when theres so many people doing the abuse though...

Report the thread and a mod can take a look through. We can't be everywhere so if you don't report the offenders mods may not see the abuse.
Maybe it's how people would talk to you if they could instead of lieing to your face.
Reply 15
Haters gonna hate.
Trust some losers to be fricking keyboard warriors and not seeing the actual consequences - literally hurting people.
Ignore them.
Original post by Sabertooth
Report the thread and a mod can take a look through. We can't be everywhere so if you don't report the offenders mods may not see the abuse.

I kinda asked for it. I created a "guess what i look like" thread and in classic ADHD fashion didnt at all anticipate any answers other than "tall" or "asian"...and loads of people started calling me ugly or unattractive without even seeing me...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2838673
Because most of the meta posts on this site are borderline crazy. Stuff actually to do with being a student and exam results never get nay hate.
Original post by swagz
Haters gonna hate.
Trust some losers to be fricking keyboard warriors and not seeing the actual consequences - literally hurting people.
Ignore them.

People dont realise how damaging their words can be.
So many people think it's fun to abuse those with mental illnesses like me. It's THE STUDENT ROOM! NOT 4chan! You just dont expect this kind of horrible abuse from random people who've never met you ON A YOUNG STUDENT FORUM!!!!!!!!

I honestly feel so bad right now...why do people feel they can just do anything...

Made me chuckle a little.

In all seriousness though, I've never seen anyone abuse those with a mental illness?! If they did they would be banned... Once I have seen a very calm debate where someone suggested if depression was real or not.

Mods can't be everywhere though so it is down to everyone to report the post I guess

Latest