The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Freshers

Hello,

I am not a huge party animal, never have, and I have not ever gone to the extent of clubbing continuously nights on end, so I am willing to maybe go out once or twice in freshers, in terms of clubbing.

But my main question is, is there other stuff to do with other people at freshers, rather than just blowing all your student loan and cash, on pointless alcohol?

As I said, I enjoy hanging out with friends, going to the pub etc. but clubbing is a bit 'meh', in my opinion.

Advice would be awesome, seeing as I am moving to Cardiff in 16 days.
Original post by Relic7
Hello,

I am not a huge party animal, never have, and I have not ever gone to the extent of clubbing continuously nights on end, so I am willing to maybe go out once or twice in freshers, in terms of clubbing.

But my main question is, is there other stuff to do with other people at freshers, rather than just blowing all your student loan and cash, on pointless alcohol?

As I said, I enjoy hanging out with friends, going to the pub etc. but clubbing is a bit 'meh', in my opinion.

Advice would be awesome, seeing as I am moving to Cardiff in 16 days.

Shout out to them fresh mint
On Instagram straight flexin'
Pop a molly, I'm sweating (woo)

enjoy yourself on freshers week. go clubbing and meet your new peers. you dont want to be 'that' guy who didnt join in.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
I said that I don't mind going out, but I don't feel like going for 7-14 days straight..
I'm sure there will be people going to bars/pubs/etc. I also know there's a group on Facebook for people who don't want to go clubbing - I think they're going for a meal somewhere, or something like that. So many different people will be starting Uni that I doubt you'll be the only one who doesn't want to go clubbing. Not wanting to go clubbing is fine.

I do have a word of advice for you, though.... Your tone in this post sounds a little judgemental, as if you are looking down on those who do enjoy it. Try to avoid that - just like how people who do like clubbing should try to avoid judging those who don't go out. We all have different interests and thoughts on this kind of thing, and seriously, being understanding is probably the best thing you can do.

I hope you find things to do during freshers. If not, I'm not that keen on clubbing either, so if you ever need someone I'm here for you! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by languagechange
I'm sure there will be people going to bars/pubs/etc. I also know there's a group on Facebook for people who don't want to go clubbing - I think they're going for a meal somewhere, or something like that. So many different people will be starting Uni that I doubt you'll be the only one who doesn't want to go clubbing. Not wanting to go clubbing is fine.

I do have a word of advice for you, though.... Your tone in this post sounds a little judgemental, as if you are looking down on those who do enjoy it. Try to avoid that - just like how people who do like clubbing should try to avoid judging those who don't go out. We all have different interests and thoughts on this kind of thing, and seriously, being understanding is probably the best thing you can do.

I hope you find things to do during freshers. If not, I'm not that keen on clubbing either, so if you ever need someone I'm here for you! :smile:

Oh okay thank you, I'll see if I can find it, sorry, I did not mean to come across judgemental, and I am up for giving clubbing a try :smile: - Uni is all about the experience after all.
(edited 9 years ago)
The group is called I don't club @ Cardiff and there are over a hundred members. :smile: I have no intention of clubbing and many people will give it a go but don't want to be out every night, so don't worry about being "that guy". :tongue:
Original post by seveneleven
Shout out to them fresh mint
On Instagram straight flexin'

enjoy yourself on freshers week. go clubbing and meet your new peers. you dont want to be 'that' guy who didnt join in.

Didn't realise peer pressure was still going strong into adulthood... 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lenka Rose
The group is called I don't club @ Cardiff and there are over a hundred members. :smile: I have no intention of clubbing and many people will give it a go but don't want to be out every night, so don't worry about being "that guy". :tongue:

Thank your lenka rose for the advertisement haha.

To make it easier here's the link

https://m.facebook.com/groups/422268804578879/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Relic7
I said that I don't mind going out, but I don't feel like going for 7-14 days straight..

By all means Relic try it out, but do not feel pressured to do something you don't wanna do... I certainly won't and I'm not ashamed of not wanting to waste my fund on drinking and also don't feel threatened to speak your mind.. It's a free world after all.

Come find the group! I'm sure there will be arrangements soon for an alternative thing to do during freshers...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hello, thank you for your responses, and I just got accepted into the group, thank you very much. I have never been a "party animal", but I am always up for hanging out with a group of people, whether its going out to a bar, dinner etc. and I am not at all against clubbing, I am up for giving it a try, but I don't think I am one to do it for all 14 nights of Freshers :smile:
Original post by Relic7
Hello, thank you for your responses, and I just got accepted into the group, thank you very much. I have never been a "party animal", but I am always up for hanging out with a group of people, whether its going out to a bar, dinner etc. and I am not at all against clubbing, I am up for giving it a try, but I don't think I am one to do it for all 14 nights of Freshers :smile:

What accommodation are you staying in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending