The Student Room Group

Woman speaks out against feminism.

[video="youtube;eZgr6939MPU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZgr6939MPU[/video]

She is certainly more eloquent than any feminist I know of and far more open minded to considering opposing viewpoints than garbage such as bell hooks.

Scroll to see replies

There's a "Mens conference" Seriously?

Also, lol at that guy - she makes most of her videos from the kitchen (Not reinforcing stereotypes at all)

BTW, before you accuse me of any thing I think it's also pretty stupid to have a "Womens conference" Any way, Ill move this over to society..
Original post by de_monies

Also, lol at that guy - she makes most of her videos from the kitchen (Not reinforcing stereotypes at all)

BTW, before you accuse me of any thing I think it's also pretty stupid to have a "Womens conference" Any way, Ill move this over to society..

She seems relatively articulate. I do not really think there is a need for Men's conferences but equally there is no need for Women's conferences. It is sad how feminism seems to have become so ridiculous, I mean it was always pretty ridiculous but Black feminists and Radical feminists what a bunch of assclowns who can only succeed by making everyone else feel guilty about imagined racism and sexism.
Reply 3
I wanna know why men need a woman to speak for them.

#Getbackinthekitchen!
Reply 4
Why are men so threatened by feminism? It's a bit pathetic in my eyes. Does the idea of women achieving equality really bother you that much? Feminism has a very loose definition, you can have problems with aspects of it but you can't speak out against feminism as a whole because really all feminism stands for is the equality of the sexes through the advancement of women.

And please don't say something like 'women already have equality' because in many parts of the world, they don't. Until they do, feminism is still needed.
Reply 5
Original post by Rlove95
Why are men so threatened by feminism? It's a bit pathetic in my eyes. Does the idea of women achieving equality really bother you that much? Feminism has a very loose definition, you can have problems with aspects of it but you can't speak out against feminism as a whole because really all feminism stands for is the equality of the sexes through the advancement of women.

And please don't say something like 'women already have equality' because in many parts of the world, they don't. Until they do, feminism is still needed.

So you think you have the right to tell people in other cultures how they should live?

Why should men support an ideology which is designed to hurt their interests? Shouldn't ever man (yeh i know) be able to engage in the pursuit of happiness and personal interest?
Reply 6
Original post by SickBrah
So you think you have the right to tell people in other cultures how they should live?

Why should men support an ideology which is designed to hurt their interests? Shouldn't ever man (yeh i know) be able to engage in the pursuit of happiness and personal interest?

No but if the women who live with these cultures are being forced to take part in forced marriages, trafficking, female genital mutilation etc when they don't want to just because it suits men then I think people have the right to help them out.

Why should the equality of males and females 'hurt men's interests'?
Yeah I don't get why feminism stops him from doing so, can men only pursue happiness and personal interest when females are below them?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Why is OP sending me PM's saying I'm just a silly little girl? :laugh:
Original post by Rlove95
Why is OP sending me PM's saying I'm just a silly little girl? :laugh:

....I think he's coming onto you. You know when boys are little kids and they like a girl, they might actually tease or hit them, as they're immature and not sure how to act appropriately on what they're feeling.
Reply 9
Original post by Rlove95
No but if the women who live in these cultures are being forced to take part in forced marriages, trafficking, female genital mutilation etc when they don't want to just because it suits men then I think people have the right to help them out.

Why should the equality of males and females 'hurt men's interests'?
Yeah I don't get why feminism stops him too, can men only pursue happiness and personal interest when females are below them?

You take issue with all of these issues, but it is not your culture, they're not your women and it is not your country. In other words you're sticking your nose in other peoples business.

A lot of this equality for women is infact taking liberties with men's interests. When they set up generation welfare schemes that take money from men and give it to women; that hurts men.

When women spend their lives chasing careers instead of getting married and being a wife, that hurts men.

When education is so clearly biased towards girls that there is a huge failure of boys to get educated, that hurts men.

When divorce courts destroy mens lives and takes their children from them. That hurts men.

When feminists chastise and limit male sexuality while offering maximum freedom for female sexuality, that hurts men.

When women sleep around until they're 35 and then amrry some chump witha decent job. hat hurts men.

Feminism has only increased sexual stress on men, icnreased economic stress on men and has devalued their place in society.

Basically we hate feminists and if you're a feminist we hate you too.

Feminism is a war on men don't be under any illusion of anything else.
You take issue with all of these issues, but it is not your culture, they're not your women and it is not your country. In other words you're sticking your nose in other peoples business.

A lot of this equality for women is infact taking liberties with men's interests. When they set up generation welfare schemes that take money from men and give it to women; that hurts men.

When women spend their lives chasing careers instead of getting married and being a wife, that hurts men.

When education is so clearly biased towards girls that there is a huge failure of boys to get educated, that hurts men.

When divorce courts destroy mens lives and takes their children from them. That hurts men.

When feminists chastise and limit male sexuality while offering maximum freedom for female sexuality, that hurts men.

When women sleep around until they're 35 and then amrry some chump witha decent job. hat hurts men.

Feminism has only increased sexual stress on men, icnreased economic stress on men and has devalued their place in society.

Basically we hate feminists and if you're a feminist we hate you too.

Feminism is a war on men don't be under any illusion of anything else.

I can't take you seriously after this post. I don't need to even point out the stupidity in this argument, you've done that yourself :congrats:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by joey11223
....I think he's coming onto you. You know when boys are little kids and they like a girl, they might actually tease or hit them, as they're immature and not sure how to act appropriately on what they're feeling.

Oh... well that's awkward :giggle:
Original post by everyonemustpay
but Black feminists and Radical feminists what a bunch of assclowns who can only succeed by making everyone else feel guilty about imagined racism and sexism.

So nobody should mention racism & sexism because you'll feel guilty? K.
She's awesome
Original post by Rlove95
Oh... well that's awkward :giggle:

He puts out this demeanor of being a tad sexist and a little aggressive when his opinions are challenged but I bet that's a front, he's probably a real softie, bit nervous when meeting new people face to face etc, I say go on one date (I don't like the word date..sounds to American..) and see how it goes.
Original post by SophiaLDN
So nobody should mention racism & sexism because you'll feel guilty? K.

Feminists such as bell hooks (yes it is spelt that way) who are radical and black feminists are just tedious bores who have no other skill that they must complain constantly about non existent racist and sexism. I do not feel guilty about racism or sexism. Sexism has been overstated hugely and as for racism. Well Africa for instance is a ridiculous backward society that blames other countries for its inability to progress.
Reply 16
Original post by Rlove95
I can't take you seriously after this post. I don't need to even point out the stupidity in this argument, you've done that yourself :congrats:

and the dividing line in the sand has been drawn.
I quote like The factual feminist.
Original post by everyonemustpay
Feminists such as bell hooks (yes it is spelt that way) who are radical and black feminists are just tedious bores who have no other skill that they must complain constantly about non existent racist and sexism. I do not feel guilty about racism or sexism. Sexism has been overstated hugely and as for racism. Well Africa for instance is a ridiculous backward society that blames other countries for its inability to progress.

Are you ok in the head?? Why would you just randomly PM me insults then reply on here..... :s-smilie:
Original post by de_monies

Yes, seriously. There is a pushback & discussing is 1 method.
I have mentioned that the stronger the opposition, the longer things go on for. In India they have had their 6th.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/agra/Ministry-for-mens-welfare/articleshow/40349667.cms
Organised by SIFF http://www.saveindianfamily.org/legal-rape-of-husbands-indias-fastest-growing-crime
The Western countries have had their 1st.
I wanna know why men need a woman to speak for them.
#Getbackinthekitchen!

They don't, there are plenty of men with experience who can speak for themselves. BUT a woman's views are listened to more, in Society.
E.g. a large % of men have been talking against Feminism for years, but suddenly Women Against Feminism (WAF) has become a bigger talking point then all the things before them. Now, that's power. Hence MGTOWs & MRAs don't trust them.
Original post by Rlove95

Men are threatened because it is hurting & killing boys/men. I.e. double standards if women were in the same situation. Women being the majority voter means Govt. policy is geared towards their benefit, to win votes.

Feminism- people say they are for equality, but don't want feminism representing them
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/feminism-poll_n_3094917.html
82% believe that men and women should be social, political and economic equals, but 20% say they are a feminist.

Some fun: http://dontneedfeminism.tumblr.com/post/70993946998/how-can-you-be-anti-feminist-do-you-not-believe-in

Also in other countries, media stories can be lies. As mentioned wrt India, you may be surprised. I mean do you believe all you read in the UK media?
timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/India-Incs-new-mantra/articleshow/40962521.cms
Historically at the same time & same location, the majority of men will be in a worse position then women. This is not just from wars.

Edit
College men now suspicious of women - USA: gynocentrism has gone so far that men are afraid that women can accuse them of rape & it will be assessed within the Uni - where they are more likely to be 'sentenced' & thrown out. Currently 20 guys are suing their Uni, because police+evidence showed no rape!
+ M:F college ratio is 37:63 & often there is no 'male spaces' on campus
+ if a couple are drunk, only the man is liable for consent & is the rapist.
Result = men are avoiding women & likely scared that a woman on a whim could end their careers!

Law changes in California = worse for men there. http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2552537
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending