The Student Room Group

I get a lot of unrequited attention from guys.

I get a lot of attention off guys and don't get me wrong, I'm flattered but I'm not really interested. I'm at the age in my life where I'm a voyage of self discovery and I want to mature and grow within myself before venturing into a relationship.

My question is how do I let people down gently? I don't want to be mean to someone as that could result in them loosing their self-esteem.

Any help would be much appreciated! 💋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Just be nice but don't get involved. It's not that hard.
The best way is not to worry about their self-esteem. Stuff it. Us guys can be right weird and creepy, and we just need a firm no :P.
Reply 3
Men or boys have big egos so your rejection will no doubt hurt their self esteem. Therefore to avoid self esteem issues manifesting you need to take it like this "I can not be with you because man is a tranny so the full package includes a giant ****"
Original post by everyonemustpay
Sounds like arrogance. Judging by your profile picture you do not look aesthetically (probably too big a word for you) attractive at all. :smile:

That is tight!
Reply 5
If that's you in your avi then I don't think so Lisa
Reply 6
Sounds like arrogance. Judging by your profile picture you do not look aesthetically (probably too big a word for you) attractive at all. :smile:

Thank you for your comment. Firstly, I am not arrogant by any stretch if the imagination. I appreciate your point of view but the guys who have approached me clearly don't agree.

Secondly. I'm very intelligent and "aesthetically" is not a big word for me at all. I'm a literature student so I've got plenty of "big" words in my repertoire thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mwah1995
I get a lot of attention off guys and don't get me wrong, I'm flattered but I'm not really interested. I'm at the age in my life where I'm a voyage of self discovery and I want to mature and grow within myself before venturing into a relationship.

My question is how do I let people down gently? I don't want to be mean to someone as that could result in them loosing their self-esteem.

Any help would be much appreciated! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking why can't you just be honest and tell them that you are not looking for a relationship right now. Just add that although you think they are nice and attractive it wouldn't be fair to say yes when you are really not looking for a relationship. Then you are giving them a compliment and personal reason rather than just a solid rejection that could hurt their self esteem.
2.5/10 babe
Reply 9
Tell them you aren't interested straight up. No mind games, no social network games, no ignoring, etc. Just tell them straight up and polite that you aren't interested and that's that. Put the dog out of it's misery quickly and humanely.

Don't be one of those bitches who have a long line of guys on the side to talk to when she's bored.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you for your comment. Firstly, I am not arrogant by any stretch if the imagination. I appreciate your point of view but the guys who have approached me clearly don't agree.

Secondly. I'm very intelligent and "aesthetically" is not a big word for me at all. I'm a literature student so I've got plenty of "big" words in my repertoire thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ignore him he's just being an ******* and probably doesn't like women having a lot of confidence. In fact he probably doesn't even think what he said!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha this wan!:biggrin:

Original post by xOHarriet
Just be nice but don't get involved. It's not that hard.
I agree with her tis a hard life...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you very intelligent? If so why "I am not arrogant by any stretch if the imagination", rather than "I am not arrogant by any stretch of the imagination"? Also describing yourself as "very intelligent" proves my point. Studies have shown that the less intelligent regard themselves often as "very intelligent", making you both unintelligent and egotistical. All you need to do to disperse these imaginary people giving you unwanted attention, is to walk closer to them and then they will be able to see clearly what an unattractive specimen you are (on the inside and the outside).
(edited 9 years ago)

Wtf how is that arrogant? You're a funny boy.

She's asking for advice on how to let guys gently...move yourself
You set yourself up for unecessary insults the way you phrased your OP. Brace yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bittr n swt
Wtf how is that arrogant? You're a funny boy.

She's asking for advice on how to let guys gently...move yourself

"Oh i'm so attractive why are people drawn magnetically towards me!". Both you and her are oxygen thieves.

Any help would be much appreciated! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh God. That's the sort of nonsense you hear some Americans spouting about finding themselves.
Just nicely tell them you're not interested? It's not that difficult.

I'd rather have your problem, than mine, where almost all guys find me unattractive and don't even bother looking at me.
Original post by Peaches and Cream
Just nicely tell them you're not interested? It's not that difficult.

I'd rather have your problem, than mine, where almost all guys find me unattractive and don't even bother looking at me.

Ha ha. As detestable as OP's arrogance is and she is indeed an oxygen thief, your self pity may just be all the more ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You tell em sister!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending