The Student Room Group

Am I screwed? University of Sussex

I want to be a solicitor and I want to earn atleast £40,000 (preferably more) within 5 years of the time I start practising law.

I live in London and wish to live here.

I know for Law the prestige of your university matters a lot. Is the University of Sussex prestigous enough to get me a tenancy with a firm that can offer me my desired income?

I love this university, I already have friends there and apparently the nightlife is amazing and the lecturers are very good. I would like to go here but I need to think about my future.
Reply 1
why didn't you go to a uni in London?
Reply 2
Original post by Meduza
why didn't you go to a uni in London?

I don't want to because then my parents will make me stay at home. I want to be far enough away from home that I will need to move but still quite close so I can visit London very easily.
Reply 3
Original post by Da Di Doo
I don't want to because then my parents will make me stay at home. I want to be far enough away from home that I will need to move but still quite close so I can visit London very easily.

In 2014 it ranked at 31st place amongst UK unis. Idk :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Meduza
In 2014 it ranked at 31st place amongst UK unis. Idk :tongue:

Yeah I know, I checked but I don't understand if that is "good enough"...

Thank you anyways :smile:
Original post by Da Di Doo
I want to be a solicitor and I want to earn atleast £40,000 (preferably more) within 5 years of the time I start practising law.

I live in London and wish to live here.

I know for Law the prestige of your university matters a lot. Is the University of Sussex prestigous enough to get me a tenancy with a firm that can offer me my desired income?

I love this university, I already have friends there and apparently the nightlife is amazing and the lecturers are very good. I would like to go here but I need to think about my future.

That's what I want £40k and a city lawyer!! So do 1000000 people also want the same- which makes it incredibly difficult:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending