The Student Room Group

What does it mean when you get jealous that your fwb is hooking up with others?

Made a rebound fwb who I've only slept with a couple of times and to be honest, he is way out of my league.
He informs me of the other side girls and I just act cool and encourage him even more and boost his ego but it hurts me because I want him to be with me but I'm scared I will get rejected and end up being lonely again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Feelings. Get out ASAP.
what on earth is a fwb?
Reply 3
Original post by bubadeeboop
what on earth is a fwb?

Friend with benefits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by curlycherry
Feelings. Get out ASAP.

But then I won't find anyone who measures upto him :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
youre developing feelings for them, my advice is DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING otherwise it just gets really horrible and painful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olaf329
But then I won't find anyone who measures upto him :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry, it's really really hard. But at the end of the day if he isn't interested you're going to end up with a lot of hurt. Besides there's always someone out there waiting for you :erm:
Original post by Olaf329
Made a rebound fwb who I've only slept with a couple of times and to be honest, he is way out of my league.
He informs me of the other side girls and I just act cool and encourage him even more and boost his ego but it hurts me because I want him to be with me but I'm scared I will get rejected and end up being lonely again.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume this means that you've developed feelings for him. Be careful, because he won't necessarily feel the same
Brag about the people you laid to see his reaction. they should make this into a comedy film
You've caught the feels. Is there any chance of a relationship with him, or are you just looking now? :smile:
You've fallen for him...best to get out because it won't get better.
Reply 11
Original post by bumblebee342
I assume this means that you've developed feelings for him. Be careful, because he won't necessarily feel the same

He has reinstated that he just sees me as a friend who he's sexually attracted to and nothing more and that we can't keep doing this if feelings r involved. So he most definitely does not reciprocate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by BlackMagicV
You've caught the feels. Is there any chance of a relationship with him, or are you just looking now? :smile:

To be honest there might be a chance of a relationship a few years along the line (my theory) as we are quite similar people but this moment in time he just wants 'fun'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by bittr n swt
You've fallen for him...best to get out because it won't get better.

Is there a way of 'un-falling' for him :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Get out ASAP, it'll screw everything up. Better to avoid collateral damage.
Reply 15
Original post by Olaf329

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm how did u meet him?
Original post by Olaf329

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. I said it, we all said it...you get out of the fwb

Unless you find another guy you're stuck with him
I didn't get into one of these from a girl I was seeing that wanted to be FWB after we split up. She strictly declared that she will end it when one of us will find someone else. She wasn't out my league but I lack confidence with girls. So the main reason I didn't pursue it was out of embarrassment that she would find someone "better" after I tried pursuing a relationship initially.

I think you're just worried because you want a relationship out of him but you know that's not possible with his sleeping around
Original post by Olaf329

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are sure you have feelings for him which are not reciprocated by him, don't put yourself in the fwb situation any longer as it will be hard to ignore your feelings.

As you asked about 'unfalling for him', that will take time and is easier (in personal experience) if you try to cut all contact and don't speak to mutual friends about him. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by a10
hmm how did u meet him?

At uni. But he has graduated this summer so won't be seeing him around often.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending