The Student Room Group

Went for a meal, waitress was flirty, was she wanting a tip, fancied me or friendly?

Went for a buffet at lunch time for a treat since it was my first real day of college, was shown to my table by this girl and she asked if I was a student(because I had a backpack on and students get discount) and I said yes and it was my first day and she talked about how the town centre is packed during freshers and a lot of drunks and was just friendly.

She kept coming past my table far more than others and seemed to say hello or ask if I wanted more water yet didnt do this for other people(she just picked up thier plates and was silent)

I went to ice cream part at end and she walked across to me from the bar and started talking to me for like 5 minutes joking about how she had ice cream sandwiches all the time, joking about how that reminded her of being a child etc.

It just seemed to be going out of her way to speak to me rather than fishing for tips.

What do people think?
waitress' are hard to understand. they are either wanting the tip, or literally wanting the tip.
Reply 2
I guess the only way to tell for sure is to go into the same place again and judge her reaction on seeing you again or if she acts in the same way.
Original post by seveneleven
waitress' are hard to understand. they are either wanting the tip, or literally wanting the tip.

This is a beautiful comment.

OP -
I find that when I wait on people I'm extremely nice to everyone. She may just be fulfilling her duty as a waitress, but the only way to know if she's genuinely interested is to ask her out and see what happens. Good luck :smile:
I was a waitress and I enjoyed being friendly with clients. It makes the job fun and helps pass the time. So it may just be that she's a friendly person. :smile: Of course, if you are interested, no harm in asking her if you can stay in touch or out for a date. Worst she can do is say no.
Reply 5
As a previous waiter myself (I am male), I can tell you that the majority of people in the profession use their charms in order to gain a tip. It also makes the job a lot funner.

However, the fact she was particularly flirty with you over any other table and she knew you were a student (presumably meaning she could've guessed you were never going to be able to give her a particularly handsome tip)
Perhaps there was a little spark there?
If you're really interested in her, go again and see what happens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a waitress flirt with me like that a few years ago, so after everyone else left I stayed in the bar and watched the sport on the tv and had a couple of drinks, and sure enough, she came up and said she was finishing her shift at 10, did I want to go get a drink?
Reply 7
Go for it!

She made an effort to talk to you specifically, she knew you were a student and she was flirting first (she initiated).

Ask her out if you like her, nothing to lose!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending