The Student Room Group

Pakistan is home to 1.5m street children, 90% of whom have been sexually abused

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aka r
Nice, so according to you every pakistani man is a street child groomer :rolleyes:

should take a look at these statistics whilst your at it

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...d-cjs-2012.pdf

Steady on there buckaroo, British Asians are 4.9% of the population so you have dug your own grave.

OP, two things. One, British Pakistanis are not Pakistani Pakistanis. Two, the statistic that 90% (13.5m) street children have been sexually abused implies nothing about the proportion of the 98.5m men living in Pakistan who engage in such abuse.

As a guide, if we extrapolate from the 9 Rotherham accused, who abused 1400 girls, this would imply about 86,785 men in Pakistan are responsible for all that abuse, which is ... wait for it ...

0.088% of the male population.

However, as Britain takes "up to 250,000" Pakistani immigrants per year, according to The Economist, there is a real danger of sexual abusers entering. It is up to the immigration to check their history and the Pakistani community to re-educate people so they can properly integrate into British society, and ostracise people who engage in sex crimes, join gangs etc.
Original post by aka r
Nice, so according to you every pakistani man is a street child groomer :rolleyes:

should take a look at these statistics whilst your at it

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...d-cjs-2012.pdf

I don't think this table helps your case mate
Original post by iEatMuFFiNS
We need tyrion lannister to enter and explain how this happens everywhere etc... :rolleyes:

Tyrion is the classic Graun reader. The world is as I say it is, and any evidence to the contrary is a lie.

Original post by RAV 123
I don't believe any race is a worse offender than any other. But that table is not useful at all as there are so many more White/Black in the UK then Asian.

There are more Asian than Black people in the UK. And yes no 'race' is a worse offender, but there is a misrepresentation
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Oh. I assumed by :rolleyes: you were being sarcastic and I was agreeing with you in a facetious manner :sigh:

I was; i was harkening back to other threads where just because something happens everywhere isn't to say it's not a much, much bigger problem in some places than others, but because these places get to play the racism/religion cards they get away with it to a much greater degree...
Original post by G8D
It's actually a bit worse than that. If you knock out asians typically assumed too young for crime/prison (for prison statistics the government knocks out individuals under the age of 15) you're looking at Asians making up only 5.8% of the population yet committing 9.3% of sexual offences.

You have to look at the statistics quite light heartedly though, so many things wrong with them. Black people and Asian are also more likely to get stop and searched and tend to get harsher sentences.
Original post by chloe5453
I would be interested in watching the documentary. Is it available for view online? Would appreciate a URL.

It is available on 4OD

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/pakistans-hidden-shame/4od#3752720

Pakistan is one of the world's most important Muslim nations. It's a nuclear power, it's allied to the West in the war against terror, and it's a democracy. But Pakistan is also a country in denial, turning a blind eye to the sexual exploitation of many thousands of poor and vulnerable children.
It's estimated that over four million children across Pakistan are forced to work from an early age due to poverty, and, of these, up to one and a half million live on the streets.
This documentary focuses on the north-western city of Peshawar, where it is estimated that nine out of ten street children have been sexually abused.
Original post by College_Dropout
You have to look at the statistics quite light heartedly though, so many things wrong with them. Black people and Asian are also more likely to get stop and searched and tend to get harsher sentences.

How does stop and search relate to sexual crimes?
Original post by College_Dropout
9.2% of sexual offences committed by Asians. Asians make 7% of the UK. You are not the brightest spark are you?

Sounds fairly proportionately as bad tbh.

/thread.
Original post by G8D
I thought part of the harsher sentencing often related to the greater degree of violence/aggravation involved in those particular crimes (for reasons unbeknownst to me).

I dont know to be honest, just seems odd that would be the reason across the board.
Original post by Radicalathiest
How does stop and search relate to sexual crimes?

The have been a lot of date rape, police are stopping and searching people in hope of finding suspects and perpetrators. Police stop 90 Asian men which leads to 9 of them being charged with sex related offences. The police also stopped 10 white men which leads to 1 of them being charged with sex related offence. 90% of the sex related crimes were committed by asians, is this because asians commit more sex related crimes or because 9 times as many were searched?
I just finished watching this. I am so done with humanity for today.
Reply 71
Original post by tengentoppa

Original post by RAV 123

Original post by scrotgrot

Original post by TheAnusFiles

Original post by Radicalathiest

Original post by Viva Emptiness

you should take a sneak peek at what the Uk government is doing with your tax money

http://www.channel4.com/news/uk-gives-5m-to-syrian-rebels

plus all the intelligence they provided to syrian rebels, yes the terrorists rapist pedophiles are being supported by YOUR government, Your tax money used in the destruction of a whole nation the killings of over 200,000 people and displaced millions, and whats funny is how FSA has crumbled under pressure from SAA and ISIS and a lot of the rebels that were once funded and trained by your tax money have now joined ISIS loool

instead of making threads like this, you guys should be protesting

anyway im off now, have a nice day :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by aka r
you should take a sneak peek at what the Uk government is doing with your tax money

http://www.channel4.com/news/uk-gives-5m-to-syrian-rebels

plus all the intelligence they provided to syrian rebels, yes the terrorists rapist pedophiles are being supported by YOUR government, Your tax money used in the destruction of a whole nation the killings of over 200,000 people and displaced millions, and whats funny is how FSA has crumbled under pressure from SAA and ISIS and a lot of the rebels that were once funded and trained by your tax money have now joined ISIS loool

instead of making threads like this, you guys should be protesting

anyway im off now, have a nice day :smile:

Syria is 2000 miles from Pakistan and ISIS' own claims extend no further east than south-central Iraq. V. poor, must try harder
Original post by aka r

It's from 2012 and we were going to provide medical equipment and communication equipment

I can see nothing about weapons

I do wish that people who post link to news sources try and read them first given that it completely contradicts what your are implying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending