The Student Room Group

Is there such thing as a rental service for phones?

My phone has been on the fritz for months and today it's just died on me, I need a new one asap. But the thing is, I know there's some new smartphones coming out in the next few weeks, but I can't wait weeks, or over a month for a new phone, so I'm wondering if there's such thing as a rental service where you can borrow a phone for a month?
Original post by baconwrappedeggs
My phone has been on the fritz for months and today it's just died on me, I need a new one asap. But the thing is, I know there's some new smartphones coming out in the next few weeks, but I can't wait weeks, or over a month for a new phone, so I'm wondering if there's such thing as a rental service where you can borrow a phone for a month?

Not really, considering how fast phones go out of date it wouldn't really be viable to run a rental service - they're disposable products. If you want a cheap phone for a bit see if you have an old one lying around at home or if a friend does, or see what's dirt cheap online.
Buy a £20 brick phone, most networks still sell a handset with the bare necessities. Should tide you over until the new phones show up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending