The Student Room Group

'friend' always stops replying

So sometimes she'd start a conversation, whether it be through whatsapp or snapchat. Then out of nowhere she'd just stop replying and it's not because she's busy. Whatsapp shows last seen, so I know she was online... So it's at the point where I don't even start convos with her anymore. What should I do? Cut her off?
Original post by Anonymous
So sometimes she'd start a conversation, whether it be through whatsapp or snapchat. Then out of nowhere she'd just stop replying and it's not because she's busy. Whatsapp shows last seen, so I know she was online... So it's at the point where I don't even start convos with her anymore. What should I do? Cut her off?

Maybe you're too clingy. I have a 'friend' who constantly asks me what I'm doing, and sometimes I think "**** off, leave me alone" and I don't bother replying to their messages.
Reply 2
Original post by 'Ello Dave!
Maybe you're too clingy. I have a 'friend' who constantly asks me what I'm doing, and sometimes I think "**** off, leave me alone" and I don't bother replying to their messages.

I'm really not clingy. We go months without talking sometimes but when we do talk it's light hearted and fun...then she'd just stop replying. She does this to my other friend too.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm really not clingy. We go months without talking sometimes but when we do talk it's light hearted and fun...then she'd just stop replying. She does this to my other friend too.

Well then it doesn't sound like there is very much invested in the friendship, and if you've started to ignore her messages then you've pretty much decided to cut her off. Just delete her off of whatsapp and invest your time and energy into people you care actually about.
Ask her, confront her, embarrass her. Type 'I know you read my last message and that you are online, why are you not responding?'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending