The Student Room Group

How hard are Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and law at A Level.

Im starting these A levels in a few days and I got 3 As 5bs and 1C at GCSE. B in Additional science C in Core. B in Maths. B in Lit and Lang and B in business. A in history Geog and RE. I can put my all into it and focus fully on it. But if youve done any of these how hard were they

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reply 2
Reply 3
Reply 4
So my immediate question is: "Do you mean A level or AS level?"

I studied Psychology for both AS and A level, so I can only answer for that, but the obvious answer is that everything is hard at A level, with the exception of a few, but none listed here.

So anyways, Psychology at AS you will most likely find the more interesting of the two levels. You will spend less time learning smaller, more intricate details and more time learning about pretty interesting studies.

Be prepared to write a lot of essays, also. Psychology is a writing-heavy subject and requires you to jump through rather a lot of hoops to get the marks you need, so essay skills and patience are essential for success in Psychology.

From what I understand, RE at GCSE was pretty written-heavy also, so it's good that you scored highly here because these skills will be very important to you in this subject, as well as Law.

Until the day I die, I will preach that any who choose to study Mathematics at A level must, MUST be highly skilled in this subject, or utterly insane. If you find that you would rather study something else early on, please consider that Maths will be no playground.

Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by DenhamV
So my immediate question is: "Do you mean A level or AS level?"

I studied Psychology for both AS and A level, so I can only answer for that, but the obvious answer is that everything is hard at A level, with the exception of a few, but none listed here.

So anyways, Psychology at AS you will most likely find the more interesting of the two levels. You will spend less time learning smaller, more intricate details and more time learning about pretty interesting studies.

Be prepared to write a lot of essays, also. Psychology is a writing-heavy subject and requires you to jump through rather a lot of hoops to get the marks you need, so essay skills and patience are essential for success in Psychology.

From what I understand, RE at GCSE was pretty written-heavy also, so it's good that you scored highly here because these skills will be very important to you in this subject, as well as Law.

Until the day I die, I will preach that any who choose to study Mathematics at A level must, MUST be highly skilled in this subject, or utterly insane. If you find that you would rather study something else early on, please consider that Maths will be no playground.

Good luck!

Thanks. And yeah Maths is not for me. I will die with Maths Lol. I get the idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending