The Student Room Group

Attention Manchester United Fans!!

Poll

Which name will you choose?

Which name will you get on the back of your shirt?

shirts.png

Scroll to see replies

Clevz
Ordering my home shirt with Falcao on the back and Di Maria on the away shirt.
LVGoat
Vidal
Hummels
Reply 6
Jimmy Savile
No Name Other
Di Maria #7
Mata #8
Falcao #9
Rooney #10
Januzaj #11
RVP #20
My Own Name

Di Maria: I don't think he will be at United for many years. I don't really like him as a person from what I've seen of him off the pitch.

Mata: I would get a Mata shirt no question, IF, he wasn't pretty much condemned to the bench like at Chelsea now. I think he will be shipped off elsewhere within a year or two making a shirt obsolete pretty sharpish.

Falcao: Only here on loan, we will probably buy him at the end but would look dumb if we don't and you end up lumped with a shirt that was relevant for 1 season. Like a Henrik Larsson shirt, people will ask "oh, when did he play for united?" in the future if he moves straight on.

Rooney: Hate the man.

Januzaj: His progress is now compromised given our signings this window. I think he's been put in a position where he's set up to fail by the club. Put so much expectation on his shoulders last season through the rest of the team under performing, now giving him the 11 shirt. Seen him put in performances where its clear as day he feels obliged to try and be the hero either through arrogance or pressure that ruins how he plays. Could stunt his progress and end up like Valencia, formely my favourite player at the club with a legendary squad number but screws it up and becomes a flop. Too risky!

RVP: I still feel he is pulling a Man City by being at Utd. I enjoy watching him play but really im still not comfortable about him joining us from Arsenal like that.

My own name: Like a boss.
J. Stalin
They really should've retired the squad number Giggs wore for ages
If I was going to buy one, id probably get Carrick 16. I haven't bought a shirt for years though so I won't. Ha
Original post by IanDangerously
If I was going to buy one, id probably get Carrick 16. I haven't bought a shirt for years though so I won't. Ha

Indeed. Something not quite right with grown men getting names/numbers on the back of their shirt imo.
Getting my name and #92 to match the rest of my shirts.
Original post by sr90
Indeed. Something not quite right with grown men getting names/numbers on the back of their shirt imo.

What they said.
Spend your money on tickets instead. You know, like a fan?
Original post by sr90

I think grown men wearing replica shirts at all are a little strange unless they're either in a position of having to for their job, or are in or en route to or from somewhere where physical exercise might be done. Wearing them in the gym or playing 5 a side, fine. Wearing them round the house, fine. Going out for the day wearing one ... nah.
Reply 16
I'll wait till we put out a kit worth buying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by shawn_o1
They really should've retired the squad number Giggs wore for ages

if they retired a number every time a player stayed at a club for a long time then there would be no numbers left
Reply 18
Van Nistelrooy.
Reply 19
Lol @ anybody who gets their own name.

Quick Reply

Latest