The Student Room Group

Horribly broody, driving me insane!!

So I don't actually want any children right now, not in the right place in my life etc. etc.
However it's like hormones have taken over my body like some miniature dictators and all I can think about is having a baby, literally yearning for one. Driving me absolutely insane. It's like I actually ache to be pregnant and have a baby. :s-smilie:
Anyone else get this? I've had it a bit in the past but never this bad.

Before anyone says, no I am not going to get myself pregnant, that is not an option I want to explore for a long time.
I'm female and I've never really understood people wanting to get pregnant for the sake of getting pregnant. I couldn't imagine anything worse than having a baby at this stage in my life to be perfectly honest.

The only time I ever really experienced broodiness was when I was in a relationship with this guy I really loved. That's the only way having a baby appeals to be - being settled with someone I truly love and trust and raising a little person together who's half him and half me.
Get a cat. Theyre like babies :smile:
Original post by King Max
Get a cat. Theyre like babies :smile:

Don't breast feed it though.
Original post by Dr Pesto

LOL!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm female and I've never really understood people wanting to get pregnant for the sake of getting pregnant. I couldn't imagine anything worse than having a baby at this stage in my life to be perfectly honest.

The only time I ever really experienced broodiness was when I was in a relationship with this guy I really loved. That's the only way having a baby appeals to be - being settled with someone I truly love and trust and raising a little person together who's half him and half me.

Hence why I said I don't want to right now.....
Original post by Dr Pesto

Not possible anyway unless you've had a baby, have a tumour of the pituitary gland or are taking certain hormones :wink:
Original post by HairyCanary
Not possible anyway unless you've had a baby, have a tumour of the pituitary gland or are taking certain hormones :wink:

I wonder - if you pumped them and squeezed them hard and long enough you might coax some milk out?... :rolleyes:
Original post by iEatMuFFiNS
I wonder - if you pumped them and squeezed them hard and long enough you might coax some milk out?... :rolleyes:

Nope. It's all to do with oxytocin, prolactin and other hormones and processes :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

I never understood the broody thing thank god im nit a woman haha. But I agree I do kinda like the idea of half of each person. But kids before a real secure relationship is stupid.

In regards to OP it will pass! Just have to shake it off
Tbh for a small period of time I as a guy felt quite broody too. But I've dated and known girls who feel very broody around the age of 19-22.
I was thinking of making a slightly similar thread when I saw this. I do feel really broody at times. Seeing other people with babies also increases it. It wouldn't be like I would be a teenage mum or anything. I have a solid degree and working on my masters but I still want a baby with my boyfriend... Ahhh.

Logic dictates however that I am not going to let myself be knocked up for a while.
Haha you sound like my friend, she is so broody it's hilarious. She can't wait to have a baby, even when there's baby on TV she starts talking gibberish. She obviously wouldn't have one yet though, some people are just more inclined to having kids. I mean, that's the entire point of the human race, to reproduce, so it's only natural your body is telling you to make a baby while you're most fertile. It'll probably die down a bit, maybe it's to do with your cycle?
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
I was thinking of making a slightly similar thread when I saw this. I do feel really broody at times. Seeing other people with babies also increases it. It wouldn't be like I would be a teenage mum or anything. I have a solid degree and working on my masters but I still want a baby with my boyfriend... Ahhh.

Logic dictates however that I am not going to let myself be knocked up for a while.

*high five* glad I'm not the only one with babies on the brain, big time aha.

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Haha you sound like my friend, she is so broody it's hilarious. She can't wait to have a baby, even when there's baby on TV she starts talking gibberish. She obviously wouldn't have one yet though, some people are just more inclined to having kids. I mean, that's the entire point of the human race, to reproduce, so it's only natural your body is telling you to make a baby while you're most fertile. It'll probably die down a bit, maybe it's to do with your cycle?

Yeah, that is a good point. I reckon you're right about cycle playing a part as it's calmed down a bit now thankfully!
I find I go through phases. About 2 momths ago I was wondering how I would cope havig to wait for a few years, I was so broody. Now the thought of it fills me with terror!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only time (apart from now) I was properly broody was when I was 18 and I've just met my now husband. I reckon it was to do with hormone surge or something as I wasn't really sexually active until then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest