The Student Room Group

HL Chem HELP!

So our really good Chem teacher won't be back until December and the sub until then is just... He's helpless, focus 100% on him the whole lesson and still nothing goes in my brain. The class has complained but I don't think a big change will happen.

I've tried to self study the 1st chapter but its a big jump from GCSE. Essentially, what I'm asking is tips to learning Chem? Anything at all will help. Right now I'm just using the Oxford study guide.
Reply 1
Original post by CYsuxx
So our really good Chem teacher won't be back until December and the sub until then is just... He's helpless, focus 100% on him the whole lesson and still nothing goes in my brain. The class has complained but I don't think a big change will happen.

I've tried to self study the 1st chapter but its a big jump from GCSE. Essentially, what I'm asking is tips to learning Chem? Anything at all will help. Right now I'm just using the Oxford study guide.

What sort of topics are you struggling with?
Reply 2
Original post by 06shawm
What sort of topics are you struggling with?

Stoichiometric Relationships, but I imagine it'll get even harder from here. I guess I'm not remembering the steps to answer short answer questions?
I got a 7 in Chemistry HL for May 2014 session. If you need help just PM me :wink: I'll try and answer your questions! (hopefully....summer has completely brainwashed me lol)
if you look up IB chemistry on youtube, there are some fantastic videos which really help. Just keep reading the text book and making notes and hope some soaks in! I had a rubbish teacher for half a year, and ended up getting a 7 in my mock, so it's doable. Hard but doable!
Reply 5
Thanks annie for the kind offer! :smile:
And thank you Nancy that makes me feel better, hopefully I'll be able to work hard and do as well as you two did!!
Original post by CYsuxx
Thanks annie for the kind offer! :smile:
And thank you Nancy that makes me feel better, hopefully I'll be able to work hard and do as well as you two did!!

Just keep the belief! keep motivated:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending