The Student Room Group

Best place for a Freshers uni student to get a small loan? (Reply ASAP please,)

Basically my Student Finance has been delayed by a whole month.

I move into my accommodation in a few days.

I need to know the best place to go to for a loan.

Before you ask, I don't have any friends or family who can give me money and my single parent has no job.

I've been looking at Smart-Pig but I don't think they'll give me money because technically my Student Loan should have already come in.

If all else fails I'll have to use Wonga but I really don't want to...

I'm desperate so please answer quickly!
Original post by BrokeBoy
Basically my Student Finance has been delayed by a whole month.

I move into my accommodation in a few days.

I need to know the best place to go to for a loan.

Before you ask, I don't have any friends or family who can give me money and my single parent has no job.

I've been looking at Smart-Pig but I don't think they'll give me money because technically my Student Loan should have already come in.

If all else fails I'll have to use Wonga but I really don't want to...

I'm desperate so please answer quickly!

If you were thinking of going into a bank and getting a loan, you may have trouble because I assume you have no credit history? And it is likely a fairly new account.
Go and get an overdraft with your student account

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by mobbsy91
If you were thinking of going into a bank and getting a loan, you may have trouble because I assume you have no credit history? And it is likely a fairly new account.

Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Go and get an overdraft with your student account

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just went to the bank and they told me I can't increase my current overdraft that I've had for 2 years (I've been living off this overdraft for 2014 so it's maxed out).

I'm about to use Smart-Pig if no one can help here, I do appreciate everything but I just need quicker answers
Did you use smart pig? I think I may have to turn to them but I would like to hear from somebody who has had experience first. If you did was everything successful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending