The Student Room Group

Should i RESIT the AS year or resit AS units in my A2 year?

Which will be better off and most likely get me good grades?
I got EEEC at AS. Im quite smart just lazy and didnt revise enough. This is a real kick up the bum.

I did maths chem bio and RS.

Should i resit the year or resit all units with A2. Also consider no jan exams so it will be 12-18 exams only in june and applying for uni. It will be hell. My friends got DDDC and are carrying on resitting all the units with the A2 year. Is that better idea?? They say if they mess up they can resit A2 again because thats harder.

Please help.. Which one should i so.. I have no one in my family to give me advice on this

I posted it here as i want experienced opinions
Reply 1
What course are you wanting to do at University?
Reply 2
Original post by Nimmy666
Which will be better off and most likely get me good grades?
I got EEEC at AS. Im quite smart just lazy and didnt revise enough. This is a real kick up the bum.

I did maths chem bio and RS.

Should i resit the year or resit all units with A2. Also consider no jan exams so it will be 12-18 exams only in june and applying for uni. It will be hell. My friends got DDDC and are carrying on resitting all the units with the A2 year. Is that better idea?? They say if they mess up they can resit A2 again because thats harder.

Please help.. Which one should i so.. I have no one in my family to give me advice on this

I posted it here as i want experienced opinions

Why didn't you just do the three you where going to do at A2 to focus and get better grades in?
Also what uni and course you aim for?
Reply 3
Im doing that now for AS.. Gonna do 3.. And university of leeds.. Are they ok with resits.. Not sure about course
Reply 4
If it's Medicine you're after, some Unis have different policies about resits, but to be perfectly sure with any course, e-mail the admissions department, some may say yes you can resit the year, some may say you must retake AS exams whilst you do your A2s (like I did this year)
Reply 5
Ah ok. How did you find it. Do you think its better than resitting a year x
Reply 6
Retake the year otherwise you'll mess up next year too

[coming from someone who had to make this decision 2 years ago and retook the AS year]
(edited 9 years ago)
Your grades were pretty poor, ngl. I'd resit AS year as you pretty much need to start again instead of just moving up from a B to an A or whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest