The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Having problems with CourseSignup- anyone else?

Hi all. New postgraduate about to start the MSc in Development Studies here.

Courses for signup went online 1 September, right? I've been trying to use Course Signup but to no avail... Though my options are correct, I keep getting messages that I don't have an even tokens or my choices are invalid when I submit my choices.

I've found the majority of emails about different processes from SOAS thus far to be lacking in valid information-- i.e., receiving an e-mail address but not told what website to use to access the e-mail! Ha, fortunately I've been good so far.

I'm wondering if we are meant to look at course availability for our timetables and sign up at a different date or if I'm getting an error for a technical reason.

Thanks all!
I'm getting the error about the tokens too, as are some of my friends - I'm trying not to worry about it. If it gets too Friday and it's not fixed might send an email off.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Hi there,
dont you guys know why I only see the core courses and not the optional courses? Any ideas?

Thx
Reply 3
Did any of you guys manage to find out what the problem was. I'm trying to enrol land getting that same message about an invalid amount of tokens. Signed up to all compulsory courses and chosen my optional ones, there's no timetable clashes as I've checked that. Do I need to e-mail SOAS?
Ye, email your faculty and they will probably tell you to email in your course choices and they will do it manually for you. It's worked for a friend of mine and it is the process of working out for me :biggrin:
Reply 5
That's great thanks. I'll do that tonight.
Hi there,
I've had this issue too. I'm doing BA Japanese, and l know the faculty would like you floating unit to still be inline with something to do with your degree, so have you checked if your degree programme has any restrictions on what else you are allowed to study? If you go to the Soas Website and in the search box write in your degree programme, when you get directed to the next page giving you info about the programme, you will see a row of tab choices, one of them will say 'Structure.' Click on this, and if your scroll down, the page will more than likely show what options there are for each year of the degree and any course restrictions too. ultimately, email your faculty with your course choices and they should take care of it. But in the meantime l found this video useful. Give it the once over, you may find it useful.
Hope that helps? non-ki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMDD5lUGUug
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dbj2014
Hi all. New postgraduate about to start the MSc in Development Studies here.

Courses for signup went online 1 September, right? I've been trying to use Course Signup but to no avail... Though my options are correct, I keep getting messages that I don't have an even tokens or my choices are invalid when I submit my choices.

I've found the majority of emails about different processes from SOAS thus far to be lacking in valid information-- i.e., receiving an e-mail address but not told what website to use to access the e-mail! Ha, fortunately I've been good so far.

I'm wondering if we are meant to look at course availability for our timetables and sign up at a different date or if I'm getting an error for a technical reason.

Thanks all!

Okay, by now, you should have received a Welcome Week email, and in that email there would have been a link to the PG Newsletter. On that Newsletter, there would have been, on the left hand side, l believe, a further 'Online Services' link to take you to the Online Service Registration page.
When you've done all that, you first click the REGISTER button, fill in your details, then you go away for at least 40minutes and when you come back you then click the LOGIN button and complete your online registration that way.
You will then receive further emails outlining your allotted time for (face-face) Enrolment during Welcome Week. If you cannot make your allotted time, there is Open Enrolment on Friday 26th September.
Hope that's useful for you?
These youtube videos may be useful too.
Click on the link and it will take you to the Welcome page on the Soas Website. if you are a PGR student, there is a link about half way down the page which you find further useful.
http://www.soas.ac.uk/welcome/undergraduate-and-postgraduate-taught-masters-students/

Thanks non-ki

Quick Reply

Latest