The Student Room Group

Have I put all my eggs in one basket?

I would like to study geography and i am planning on applying for Cambridge, Bristol, Durham, Exeter and Edinburgh. I recieved all A s in my ASs and am predicted A*s and As (Maths, Geograpy and Philosophy). In my GCSEs i recieved 7 A*s, 5As and 1B (French..)

What I'm worried about is that if i don't make my grades that i will have no where to go, should i pick a university with much lower grades than i am predicted, if so, any advice or recommendations?
Original post by JustHoping
I would like to study geography and i am planning on applying for Cambridge, Bristol, Durham, Exeter and Edinburgh. I recieved all A s in my ASs and am predicted A*s and As (Maths, Geograpy and Philosophy). In my GCSEs i recieved 7 A*s, 5As and 1B (French..)

What I'm worried about is that if i don't make my grades that i will have no where to go, should i pick a university with much lower grades than i am predicted, if so, any advice or recommendations?

Well you only put down one firm and one insurance, so would you realistically put down your insurance as an AAB/ABB university if you have offers from an A*AA and an AAA course?

If you're worried, then remove your least favourite choice and apply to a course with lower entry requirements. However, bear in mind that you may also be able to get onto less popular courses through clearing if you did miss your grades (I'm not sure how often Geography goes into clearing).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending