The Student Room Group

Would you buy an annotated book?

Just trying to gauge whether it is worth selling my annotated texts from A-Level. Typical Shakespeare covered on the majority of exam boards and the main book used by schools.

Would you be interested in buying an annotated book or would you prefer to buy a clean copy? Probably would sell for £2 plus postage. Not selling on here but trying to get opinions. Thanks.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by EloiseStar
Just trying to gauge whether it is worth selling my annotated texts from A-Level. Typical Shakespeare covered on the majority of exam boards and the main book used by schools.

Would you be interested in buying an annotated book or would you prefer to buy a clean copy? Probably would sell for £2 plus postage. Not selling on here but trying to get opinions. Thanks.

I know I have been annoyed when I have opted for pre-owned texts and it's have scribbles and notes on the side! It's annoying because you can't fit your own ideas into it. I think it would be an OK thing for Shakespeare as not many people understand Shakespeare.

Many people wouldn't want to have a preowned book with words scribbled in them. But you can always try!
Reply 3
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I know I have been annoyed when I have opted for pre-owned texts and it's have scribbles and notes on the side! It's annoying because you can't fit your own ideas into it. I think it would be an OK thing for Shakespeare as not many people understand Shakespeare.

Many people wouldn't want to have a preowned book with words scribbled in them. But you can always try!

I feel the same way, especially when it isn't stated in the description! :rolleyes: However a few students in my classes have purposely bought annotated copies, didn't know if it was a 'thing' or not....
Original post by EloiseStar
I feel the same way, especially when it isn't stated in the description! :rolleyes: However a few students in my classes have purposely bought annotated copies, didn't know if it was a 'thing' or not....

They were just being lazy! And, English is so subjective so that comment that is written in the margin, you might not necessarily agree with it!
Reply 5
Did you annotated in pen or pencil?
Reply 6
Original post by kkboyk
Did you annotated in pen or pencil?

Pen :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending