The Student Room Group

Piercings!

Do you have any? If so, which ones?

Scroll to see replies

Just labret and ears. Want more but don't really like the way many others look :erm:
I think I may have a mild form of trypophobia. So any excessive form of piercings kind of scares me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I only have my ears done. Though I'd love to get more, I don't really want to go through the pain. I like those nose bridge piercings.
I just have my ears pierced.. Yeah i'm pretty boring like that.
16mm lobes
8mm septum
6mm conches
forward helix

That is at the moment but probably gonna get my high nostrils redone next month when I get some money.
3 lobes in each ear, conch, forward helix/daith and a double helix. I want a rook then that's my ears done. I'd love a nose piercing but it wouldn't suit me!
Reply 7
Three ear piercings and a nose pierce :smile:
I have each lobe done 3 times, my helix pierced on one ear, 3 helix piercings on the other ear and also my nose.

Planning on getting a forward helix piercing in a couple weeks time :smile:
Ears and nose. Considering doing my eyebrow.
Prince Albert
Just 1 in my ear lobes atm (my dad doesn't like piercings) but gonna get a few more when I move out soon! :P
Reply 12
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Just labret and ears. Want more but don't really like the way many others look :erm:

What would you have if you got another one?

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I think I may have a mild form of trypophobia. So any excessive form of piercings kind of scares me. :s-smilie:

That's quite interesting - I had to Google 'trypophobia' though. :tongue: What is it that scares you exactly?

Original post by KJane
I only have my ears done. Though I'd love to get more, I don't really want to go through the pain. I like those nose bridge piercings.

Is it the pain whilst getting pierced or the pain afterwards that you dislike?

Original post by mojojojo101
16mm lobes
8mm septum
6mm conches
forward helix

That is at the moment but probably gonna get my high nostrils redone next month when I get some money.

Sounds fantastic! Were your conches punched or did you stretch? I'm also curious as to how exactly high nostrils are pierced?!

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
3 lobes in each ear, conch, forward helix/daith and a double helix. I want a rook then that's my ears done. I'd love a nose piercing but it wouldn't suit me!

That sounds amazing! I'd love a daith but I'm not sure I have the anatomy for it. I got my rook pierced a few weeks ago and I love it!
Reply 13
Original post by HAnwar
Three ear piercings and a nose pierce :smile:

Are your ear piercings lobe or cartilage?

Original post by CallMeBatwoman
Just 1 in my ear lobes atm (my dad doesn't like piercings) but gonna get a few more when I move out soon! :P

What do you have in mind?
Got my septum pierced (I don't take it out, or have it in display)
Used to have 2 helixs but had to take out for school.
Then did last year at the start of A2 and recently took it out because either it was mildly infected or the Jewellery was fake. What did I expect? Got it done in a hair salon that also fronts as a piercing shop & even worse she used a plastic gun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by la95

That sounds amazing! I'd love a daith but I'm not sure I have the anatomy for it. I got my rook pierced a few weeks ago and I love it!

Yeah I don't either :frown: Mines technically a forward helix because it's above my tragus but it looks like a daith when it has a ring in (if that makes any sense!). What was the pain like for your rook? I've heard it's the most painful!
Reply 16
Are your ear piercings lobe or cartilage?

They're all lobe. I wanted to have cartilage piercings but my sister did hers a couple of months ago, and she still complains how much they hurt whenever someone accidently touches them. So it's kinda put me off them :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Yeah I don't either :frown: Mines technically a forward helix because it's above my tragus but it looks like a daith when it has a ring in (if that makes any sense!). What was the pain like for your rook? I've heard it's the most painful!

That sounds lovely all the same! :biggrin: I had my rook and my inner conch (different ears) done in the same sitting, and I think they were about equal in terms of pain. It was manageable! As for post-piercing pain, my rook was sore for a few weeks but now the soreness is almost gone (it's been four weeks) and the soreness lasted for a shorter period of time with the rook.
Original post by la95

Sounds fantastic! Were your conches punched or did you stretch? I'm also curious as to how exactly high nostrils are pierced?!!

Both were punched but one had to be downsized and re-stretched after a friend of mine smashed a football into the side of my head (accidentally).

High nostrils done the same way as normal nostrils, just with the added difficulty of having next to no room to work in.
Reply 19
Original post by HAnwar

They're all lobe. I wanted to have cartilage piercings but my sister did hers a couple of months ago, and she still complains how much they hurt whenever someone accidently touches them. So it's kinda put me off them :frown:

Generally, ear cartilage piercings take about a year to fully heal AFAIK. However, I have four - two of which are helix piercings, done at a dodgy market stall with a gun, and then a rook and an inner conch, both done at a reputable piercing place with needles - and the latter two, which were done properly with needles, are barely painful to touch after four weeks. As long as you get them done with a needle at a reputable place, your initial jewellery is autoclaved titanium or similar, and your aftercare is appropriate, I wouldn't have thought you'd run into many problems.

Quick Reply

Latest