The Student Room Group

Girls- would you wear your mums old bra?

Basically for university fresher week I'm going to a ball and I need a strapless bra. Currently I haven't got one and since I'm a 30aa it's quite hard to find one. My mum wants me to wear her own bra as she never went to university, I have refused even if I am the same size as her I would find it really weird to wear her old strapless bra. She got really offended and said that I was really weird for not wanting to wear her nice strapless bra. I would prefer to look online for one! Who is being weird here me or my mum? Would you wear your mums bra?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hahahhaahhaah, I love this site.
Really wouldn't care, if me and my mum were the same size and she had a strapless bra I'd be nicking it! Saves me &30 odd quid
It's not weird, it's your mum and it's just a bra. You need a strapless bra, you're the same size, may as well borrow it imo.
Original post by Precious Illusions
It's not weird, it's your mum and it's just a bra. You need a strapless bra, you're the same size, may as well borrow it imo.

Exactly. It's not like they don't get washed...
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Exactly. It's not like they don't get washed...

Yeah exactly. Hardly like it's a thong or something either. :rofl2:
Original post by Precious Illusions
Yeah exactly. Hardly like it's a thong or something either. :rofl2:

Yeah I don't get what the issue is! It's just a bra lol.
Depends how old and well worn it is. Just because its the same size, doesn't mean it will fit well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
My mum wants me to wear her own bra as she never went to university

Wait... what??

(edited 9 years ago)
I've worn my mother's old bras before, I would rather not waste money on one if she's got one sitting in a drawer at home, it's not like she can wear it anymore anyway seeing as her nungas are bigger than mine :laugh:
Thanks guys I'll wear it if I can't find a good one in primarni !
Do you guys seriously refer to Primark as 'Primarni' or is that a other shop?
It's not weird imo but what has her not going to uni got to do with it? :redface:
Reply 13
My mum does have some very nice bras, but I literally wouldn't fit into any of hers as she's about a D-F whilst I'm an A cup. It's not going to happen lol.
Reply 14
I have done. My mum is obsessed with clothes and is always buying more, so anything I have of hers has only been worn once or twice at most. I'd rather save and have hers.
Reply 15
it's not that deep OP. I would. Me and my mum are the same shoe size, so I wear her heels too :dontknow:
This is just personal preference but i certainly wouldn't wear my mums old bras.
LOL it's a bra! It's not like underwear! I borrow my friends' bras and clothes all the time, it's the same. Goodness some people.
I don't see what the big deal is to be honest, I've worn my mums bras before and she's worn mine if needed. If you're the same size it makes sense to borrow instead of buying an expensive bra for the sake of one night.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Wait... what??

Don't you know? If you wear a bra that someone else has previously worn at university (ANY uni, ANY time) everyone will know!

Seriously, just wear the bra. I'd borrow my mum's if:
A)she had good taste in bras and
B)borrowing her bras wouldn't be the equivalent of me taping my boobs down with duct tape (my mum isn't gifted in the chest department).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending