The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

3rd year a level student

Hi guys,

I want to apply to Leeds for 2015 entry. I just completed my a levels but missed my firm choice as I got ABC. So I'm returning to college for a third year to improve the C grade and do two other a levels - one of which I will be predicted an A in and the other a B/A. I really want to study at Leeds but I'm worried they will reject me because I'm doing a third year. I'm hoping that because I didn't do terribly and am capable of improving and because I'm eligible for A2L that they won't reject my application based on the fact I will have done three years of a levels but I'm unsure of their stance on this. Does anybody have any experience of this situation/know of anyone that has? What is their stance on third year applicants?
Which college are you at they may be able to give your more support
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Hannahmay01
Which college are you at they may be able to give your more support

Thanks for your response, but how do you mean? Sorry! Not quite sure what support you mean
Hey, I did three years at college because I didn't get my grades in the first year so had to redo an A-Level. I actually got in to Leeds this year so I don't think it really matters (they offered me AB and I got in with BB). I'm not doing a foundation year or anything so I as long as you really wanna go to Leeds and have a glowing reference and the grades to match I'm sure you'll get there :smile:
Hi,

Most courses are happy to take students with re-sits/3 years at A-Level, but I'd recommend you check. You've not said what course you're interested in, if you let me know I can give you their contact details. :smile:

Amanda
University of Leeds
Reply 5
Original post by University of Leeds
Hi,

Most courses are happy to take students with re-sits/3 years at A-Level, but I'd recommend you check. You've not said what course you're interested in, if you let me know I can give you their contact details. :smile:

Amanda
University of Leeds

I'm interested in History single honours and History joint with Theology and Religion. I did contact the joint honours arts department via the email that is provided on the History and TRS course page on their website but I haven't heard back yet. Would be really grateful if you could let me know regarding 3 years and the course(s) I'm interested in! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Midnight Messiah
Hey, I did three years at college because I didn't get my grades in the first year so had to redo an A-Level. I actually got in to Leeds this year so I don't think it really matters (they offered me AB and I got in with BB). I'm not doing a foundation year or anything so I as long as you really wanna go to Leeds and have a glowing reference and the grades to match I'm sure you'll get there :smile:

What three a level grades did you end up with at the end of the three years? & What course did you apply for? Thanks for your response!!
Same I want to study at Leeds and is doing a third year at 6th form, which involves me continuing an a level by doing an A2 and another qualification. I don't think it would affect your application TBH. Good luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by nadzworldz
Same I want to study at Leeds and is doing a third year at 6th form, which involves me continuing an a level by doing an A2 and another qualification. I don't think it would affect your application TBH. Good luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest