(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
...?!
Define bad 6A*?
Reply 4
Original post by DelenaxxStelena
Define bad 6A*?

No something like all As.
boy in my class got something like 2A* 6A 2B now doing engineering at warwick.

On the flipside one boy got 12A* at GCSE and then get DDEU at A Level, retook the year and then got CCDU.
(edited 9 years ago)
I dont know anyone with that who got into oxford, lse etc.

People have gotten offers with 0a* to cam..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I dont know anyone with that who got into oxford, lse etc.

People have gotten offers with 0a* to cam..

Oh not oxford, just a medical university that doesn't discriminate people according to their GCSEs.
except brum everywhere else.

don't qmul take anyone on as long as they do good on ucas.
Reply 9
Got 7As and 1A* in my GCSEs and now i got 2As, 2Cs and 2Ds, which is the opposite XD
except brum everywhere else.

don't qmul take anyone on as long as they do good on ucas.

Ok thanks.

But no one has answered my first question yet.
Bump.
Don't worry those GCSEs are fine for most med schools, just make sure you know how each uni weights GCSEs as you might not want to apply to the really GCSE heavy ones but they are absolutely fine. And you don't need all A*s, try and get your teachers to predict them but most offers are 3As so A*s are a bit irrelevant.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
I read a post on a thread a couple of days ago in which a person said they achieved something like two A's, a couple of B's and C's at GCSE, but then got into Oxford for Medicine after receiving A*A*A* at A level. If I find the thread I'll link it for you
Original post by HAnwar
I read a post on a thread a couple of days ago in which a person said they achieved something like two A's, a couple of B's and C's at GCSE, but then got into Oxford for Medicine after receiving A*A*A* at A level. If I find the thread I'll link it for you

Thanks would love to see this :biggrin:
Reply 15
One of my friends got a mixture of A* to C grades at GCSE (mostly towards the lower end) and ended up with A*A*AB at A level.

I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but it's not uncommon for people to do much better at A level than GCSE. Generally, people aren't hugely fussed about GCSEs because there's not much at stake. At A level, people suddenly realise they actually need their grades and therefore decide to try.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Define bad 6A*?

You think 6 a*'s are bad.........!
Original post by Tj789
You think 6 a*'s are bad.........!

you should see the folks at college confidential - they think anything less than 10 a stars (or equivalent) is bad.
Reply 18
you should see the folks at college confidential - they think anything less than 10 a stars (or equivalent) is bad.

Well it isnt they can think what they like
Original post by kanra
One of my friends got a mixture of A* to C grades at GCSE (mostly towards the lower end) and ended up with A*A*AB at A level.

I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but it's not uncommon for people to do much better at A level than GCSE. Generally, people aren't hugely fussed about GCSEs because there's not much at stake. At A level, people suddenly realise they actually need their grades and therefore decide to try.

wow nice

Quick Reply

Latest