The Student Room Group

How much clothing and shoes should I bring for uni

Hey guys, I move in next week and I was preparing what to take. i believe wardrobe space is limited at halls. I have 2 wardrobes because of my crap loads of clothes. I will be looking to donate some to charity shops too:smile:

I have:

7 vests
25 t shirts indoor and outdoor
35 shirts indoor and outdoor
8 jeans but I'm wiling to cut down to 4/5
4 coats/jackets
2 smart shoes, 1 running shoe and 4 trainers.
2 smart trousers
3 caps and 2 winter hats

Socks and underwear are sorted.

Please help :biggrin:
Original post by OnionRing
Hey guys, I move in next week and I was preparing what to take. i believe wardrobe space is limited at halls. I have 2 wardrobes because of my crap loads of clothes. I will be looking to donate some to charity shops too:smile:

I have:

7 vests
25 t shirts indoor and outdoor
35 shirts indoor and outdoor
8 jeans but I'm wiling to cut down to 4/5
4 coats/jackets
2 smart shoes, 1 running shoe and 4 trainers.
2 smart trousers
3 caps and 2 winter hats

Socks and underwear are sorted.

Please help :biggrin:

Hiya! I too have a massive wardrobe at home because I have so many clothes. In first year I took like 7/8 of my entire wardrobe and it was a huge mistake. I couldn't fit anything in! Being a girl obviously what I take is going to be different to you haha, but I would suggest cutting your t-shirts down to 20, your shirts down to 20/25 (do you really need that many shirts?!), 5 pairs of jeans, 3 coats and 3 trainers. The rest is fine! What about shorts/gym clothes/pyjamas/dressing gown? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by kate113855
Hiya! I too have a massive wardrobe at home because I have so many clothes. In first year I took like 7/8 of my entire wardrobe and it was a huge mistake. I couldn't fit anything in! Being a girl obviously what I take is going to be different to you haha, but I would suggest cutting your t-shirts down to 20, your shirts down to 20/25 (do you really need that many shirts?!), 5 pairs of jeans, 3 coats and 3 trainers. The rest is fine! What about shorts/gym clothes/pyjamas/dressing gown? :smile:

Thanks!

I really like my shirts but any shirt I haven't worn in the last 3 months I'll leave behind.

I won't go gym as it's too expensive on campus. I have only 2 shorts but not a fan of shorts :tongue:
I don't wear pyjamas to sleep and I'll bring my gown!!
Reply 3
Bump:smile:
Reply 4
doesn't sound that much, take it all
Reply 5
Original post by iamu
doesn't sound that much, take it all

Really?! How much did you take roughly?

I'm worried about wardrobe space :redface:
Reply 6
i took most of mine

4 vests
20 t shirts indoor and outdoor
15 shirts indoor and outdoor
5 jeans
3 coats/jackets
2 smart shoes, 1 running shoe and 3 trainers.
2 smart trousers
3 caps and 2 winter hats

i'd probably take that
Reply 7
Original post by iamu
i took most of mine

4 vests
20 t shirts indoor and outdoor
15 shirts indoor and outdoor
5 jeans
3 coats/jackets
2 smart shoes, 1 running shoe and 3 trainers.
2 smart trousers
3 caps and 2 winter hats

i'd probably take that

Thank you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest