The Student Room Group

Are these A-Levels good for going on to take Law at the top universities?

A-Levels are History, French, English Literature, Religious Studies. Also, would there be any benefit of trading the RS for Biology/Physics?
The only real benefit of trading RS for Biology/Physics is the fact they're regarded as tougher subjects, and thus will make your application look stronger providing you can get good grades in these subjects. However, the combination of History, French and Eng Lit is already quite strong. A fourth tough one would really just be a bonus I think.

P.S. This is just my opinion from what I have previously read on forums
Original post by JamesPallett
The only real benefit of trading RS for Biology/Physics is the fact they're regarded as tougher subjects, and thus will make your application look stronger providing you can get good grades in these subjects. However, the combination of History, French and Eng Lit is already quite strong. A fourth tough one would really just be a bonus I think.

P.S. This is just my opinion from what I have previously read on forums

No they're not regarded as tougher subjects; Cambridge lists RS in the same league as them. See here: https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604

RS at A-level is nothing like the GCSE and it is recommended for many courses at Cambridge and LSE.
Reply 3
Original post by Pectorac
No they're not regarded as tougher subjects; Cambridge lists RS in the same league as them. See here: https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604

RS at A-level is nothing like the GCSE and it is recommended for many courses at Cambridge and LSE.

I'm thinking about doing RS, would you recommend it?
Reply 4
Original post by Artimus
I'm thinking about doing RS, would you recommend it?

I did RS this year, I'd definitely recommend it. It's really interesting and not too hard, as long as your prepared to write a LOT of essays.
Original post by This Muxed Ip Is
A-Levels are History, French, English Literature, Religious Studies. Also, would there be any benefit of trading the RS for Biology/Physics?

Those subjects are very strong. Not taking a science subject won't be disadvantageous.
Reply 6
Original post by samstown
I did RS this year, I'd definitely recommend it. It's really interesting and not too hard, as long as your prepared to write a LOT of essays.

Okay, thank you. I'm just wanting to do one arts subject and I was wondering whether or not this was the one for me.

Quick Reply

Latest