The Student Room Group

URGENT! EPQ related to computing, coding, or ICT?

I'm looking to start my EPQ for A2, the deadline to decide what I am going to be researching is Friday (5th) and I don't really have any ideas for what I could do, any suggestions? I'm really interested in doing computer science at university (Still unsure of any specific universities) so it should be relative to the subject area around ICT so I can mention EPQ in my interviews.
I have not done an EPQ so I don't know all the rules to do with it but maybe you could do a project around kids learning programming.
Original post by CheetahCurtis
I have not done an EPQ so I don't know all the rules to do with it but maybe you could do a project around kids learning programming.

I'm not too sure either, my sixth form made a short presentation about it and didn't really explain too much. I know that the 5000 word essay needs to be in English, but perhaps I could create a Russian language learning application for iPhone or iPad (I've been learning Russian for almost a year now) which really would demonstrate both of my passions.
Original post by RuslanRichards
I'm not too sure either, my sixth form made a short presentation about it and didn't really explain too much. I know that the 5000 word essay needs to be in English, but perhaps I could create a Russian language learning application for iPhone or iPad (I've been learning Russian for almost a year now) which really would demonstrate both of my passions.

Alright so I've read up on the EPQ and it sounds like you have to do some research, make it and have a presentation. Maybe I'm thinking its too much like an experiment but you could test people before and after using the app you create to see how effective it is, etc... Your idea sounds good to me anyway.

Like I said above, I haven't done this so hope someone who's done the EPQ can help you out.

Quick Reply

Latest