The Student Room Group

GF says she isn't a feminist any more ... ?

I didn't know my GF was feminist until a couple months ago. By that time we had been in a relationhip for 5 months ... and we had already fallen in love.

So ... My question is ... what makes women revoke feminism?

Do you think more and more women are moving away from the feminist agenda?

Scroll to see replies

Feminist in the streets, sex slave in the sheets.
Reply 2
Original post by troyandabed
feminist in the streets, sex slave in the sheets.

:d

:e
Although not all by any means, many feminists are cut entirely from the same cloth as butthurt Elliot Rodgers misogynists. They hate the fact they don't get attention from the other sex and as a consequence start to hate them. The issue is in that modern society these feminists get to shout loud under the banner of something that is on the face of it legitimate. Show them a bit of attention and their need for feminism, to hate on men, disappears.
Reply 4
I'd like to think that they realise they needn't be a feminist to strive for equality.
Original post by Huskaris
Although not all by any means, many feminists are cut entirely from the same cloth as butthurt Elliot Rodgers misogynists. They hate the fact they don't get attention from the other sex and as a consequence start to hate them. The issue is in that modern society these feminists get to shout loud under the banner of something that is on the face of it legitimate. Show them a bit of attention and their need for feminism, to hate on men, disappears.

If anyone is cutout from the same cloth as poor virgin Elliot Rodgers it's guys like you that are hating on feminism because they hate women. I also disagree with the idea that women identify as feminists to get attention from the men when in actuality the opposite is true, that is, men drive women to become feminists. What with all the harassment including incessant sexual advances and the big O.
Original post by Marky Mark
If anyone is cutout from the same cloth as poor virgin Elliot Rodgers it's guys like you that are hating on feminism because they hate women. I also disagree with the idea that women identify as feminists to get attention from the men when in actuality the opposite is true, that is, men drive women to become feminists. What with all the harassment including incessant sexual advances and the big O.

I don't hate women in the slightest! I hate misogyny and misandry equally.

I wasn't saying women identify as feminists to get attention from men I said certain feminists are feminists because they DONT get attention from men.

Read the post before you go on some diatrybic rant
Reply 7
Maybe she just got sick of petty femenists making a fuss over pubic hair and thought that she would be better of championing important issues regarding women under a different banner?
I don't hate women in the slightest! I hate misogyny and misandry equally.

I wasn't saying women identify as feminists to get attention from men I said certain feminists are feminists because they DONT get attention from men.

Read the post before you go on some diatrybic rant

To me there is no difference between the two statements. It appears like you're backtracking using the obscure semantics because you realised how bitter your post was.
To me there is no difference between the two statements. It appears like you're backtracking using the obscure semantics because you realised how bitter your post was.

If you think those two statements mean the same thing, you really need to work on your reading comprehension.

Nobody dislikes feminism because they hate women, and you're being silly trying to say otherwise. People dislike feminism because a lot of vocal feminists make up problems or blow them ridiculously out of proportion and try to force society to adapt to benefit them.
I don't know about you but I'm pretty fed-up of femisim posts/threads and people misusing anonymous so you know, you can't really moan about another users posts when like half of TSR are getting sick to death of these stupid tedious threads about Feminsim. It's a neverending argument - you go round in circles.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't know my GF was feminist until a couple months ago. By that time we had been in a relationhip for 5 months ... and we had already fallen in love.

So ... My question is ... what makes women revoke feminism?

Do you think more and more women are moving away from the feminist agenda?

It's getting a really bed reputation in the press because many female celebrities are coming out with statements such as; "Oh I'm not a feminist because I like men." Which just shows they don't really understand what feminism is. But unfortunately many people see these things and the actual definition of feminism is lost making some people revoke their 'feminist status'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is some of the biggest pile of **** I have ever seen. I get a lot of attention from men and a lot of it is very much unwanted. I won't 'stop being a feminist' just because I get a boyfriend or get shown the 'right attention'...the equality of men and women is still important to me, why shouldn't it be? I'd like to be able to sympathise with your reply but it's pretty ridiculous. I don't hate men at all, I usually get on with them better than women, it's just society has told many of them that it's okay to treat us inadequately. Many men themselves are feminists so your theory doesn't really make sense, I believe you're confusing the feminist movement with misandry.
You should rejoice and feel liberated
This is some of the biggest pile of **** I have ever seen. I get a lot of attention from men and a lot of it is very much unwanted. I won't 'stop being a feminist' just because I get a boyfriend or get shown the 'right attention'...the equality of men and women is still important to me, why shouldn't it be? I'd like to be able to sympathise with your reply but it's pretty ridiculous. I don't hate men at all, I usually get on with them better than women, it's just society has told many of them that it's okay to treat us inadequately. Many men themselves are feminists so your theory doesn't really make sense, I believe you're confusing the feminist movement with misandry.

Please return and reread first sentence. Congratulations. You have learnt to read before (although in this case after) you comment!
Original post by JordanL_
If you think those two statements mean the same thing, you really need to work on your reading comprehension.

Nobody dislikes feminism because they hate women,
and you're being silly trying to say otherwise. People dislike feminism because a lot of vocal feminists make up problems or blow them ridiculously out of proportion and try to force society to adapt to benefit them.

Seriously? Surely it's obvious that anyone who hates women would hate feminism? Unless you're saying no one hates women?
Original post by JayJay-C19
I don't know about you but I'm pretty fed-up of femisim posts/threads and people misusing anonymous so you know, you can't really moan about another users posts when like half of TSR are getting sick to death of these stupid tedious threads about Feminsim. It's a neverending argument - you go round in circles.

Why answer then? ... can't you just ignore them?
Why answer then? ... can't you just ignore them?

I do but I've seen so many and it winds me up :smile: :smile: :smile:

The key term is 'certain women'. There's nothing pedantic about his response but your comprehension skills do seem sloppy.
Maybe its because feminists don't actually give a **** about women?
There was a deafening silence over the Rotherham rapes being revealed.
Women being sold into sexual slavery in the middle east? Feminists don't give a flying ****, sexual abuse that matters to them is JLaws nudes being leaked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending