The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Application Issue

I'm applying to Oxford to study physics. A few months ago, my school organised a trip to Oxford and Cambridge for these summer classes to assist interview skills and to give subject-specific tutorials. It was an exclusive trip, and I didn't get a place on it, however, I noticed that most in the Oxbridge group in my school did, not everyone, but at least 65%, and my friends said there were a lot of people there. FYI, some of my school staff are real jerks. :banghead:
This has somewhat diminished my confidence, as it seems to me like this trip was absolutely necessary for them to put into their Oxbridge applications for a sporting chance of a successful application. Obviously I can't put this into my statement like I imagine everyone else is doing, but I have less confidence in my application primarily for this reason.
I have mentioned a lot of previous experiences which I have had, many of them will be useful to me for my application, including a summer school in a north London high school, but it is that one major missing detail that has worried me. :hmpf: Would you say that this will have a major impact on my chances of being offered a place?
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
x
You've got nothing to worry about - there's no need to have gone on any sort of summer school, etc

They key is being really good at your subject :biggrin:
I wasn't allowed to go on my school trip to Cambridge because I was told I wouldn't get in, but I did so it really doesn't matter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending