The Student Room Group

The guy who promised me "forever" is acting weird on long distance :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meduza
Haha, wow, well I don't know if there's just one right time but I'd do it before telling him about the apartment so yeah at the airport. He could be tired, but so are you because of his behaviour.

Okay :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
Okay :frown:

good luck and come back for updates!!
Original post by Another
You know when people talk really sweetly to you for a while, so even while you know they're an *******, you almost don't want to believe it cause of what they said before? And you'd rather believe that they were this amazing sensitive person rather than the douchebag stood right in front of you?

Yeah. Words are cheap, actions speak louder. His actions say that you were a fun game for a while, and now he doesn't care about you at all.

This, you're inexperienced and thus 'naive' (sorry), and he figured his usually weak act of whispering sweet shallow empty nothings at you would win you over.

Don't worry, you'll learn to spot these insincere tossers from a mile away in time, just something a lot of people have to go through.
You seem to be so clouded over what he has said to you and your feelings, he is your first love etc etc that you don't know he is manipulating you.

Original post by Anonymous
because regardless of how he is to me over long distance, i'm still in love with him

I get that. DOES HE LOVE YOU?!?!?!? If you say yes, then is this how he is shows his love to you? Being distant from you, gone away and not looked back because he "doesn't want to dwell"? It just doesn't make sense. He may have cheated on you since you're far away and wouldn't know, not to mention if he is always high, how much can he be controlling his desires????

I understand all that you love and care for him, want to move in with him, and I get that he may have spoken sweet nothings to you to get you to feel this way, but wake up to what he actually is.

You make it sound like no one here has ever been able to get over their first love. Yes they have. So can you. Just because he is your first love, does not mean you should make excuses and put up with crap. Your first love should be YOU!

Also - this apartment thing: you have bought this without his knowledge, when his parents don't actually know you're together. What is he supposed to say to his parents?! If he hasn't introduced you as his bf, then clearly he is not ready to, so you pushing him to do that, is not really going to be a good idea at all. Is he just going to come back home and then say "btw, remember that guy that you met? He's my bf and we are moving in together later this week". ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? This idea is so flawed. Be prepared to be paying rent by yourself.

Me and my bf talk about moving in together, we have been together for a year, that doesn't mean it's happening any time soon, and I suddenly surprise him with a set of house keys.

I'm sorry if this has been rude, but I'm reading everyone's previous posts and your friends excuses for him, and for some reason you're not getting it.
Original post by stargirl63
You seem to be so clouded over what he has said to you and your feelings, he is your first love etc etc that you don't know he is manipulating you.

I get that. DOES HE LOVE YOU?!?!?!? If you say yes, then is this how he is shows his love to you? Being distant from you, gone away and not looked back because he "doesn't want to dwell"? It just doesn't make sense. He may have cheated on you since you're far away and wouldn't know, not to mention if he is always high, how much can he be controlling his desires????

I understand all that you love and care for him, want to move in with him, and I get that he may have spoken sweet nothings to you to get you to feel this way, but wake up to what he actually is.

You make it sound like no one here has ever been able to get over their first love. Yes they have. So can you. Just because he is your first love, does not mean you should make excuses and put up with crap. Your first love should be YOU!

Also - this apartment thing: you have bought this without his knowledge, when his parents don't actually know you're together. What is he supposed to say to his parents?! If he hasn't introduced you as his bf, then clearly he is not ready to, so you pushing him to do that, is not really going to be a good idea at all. Is he just going to come back home and then say "btw, remember that guy that you met? He's my bf and we are moving in together later this week". ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? This idea is so flawed. Be prepared to be paying rent by yourself.

Me and my bf talk about moving in together, we have been together for a year, that doesn't mean it's happening any time soon, and I suddenly surprise him with a set of house keys.

I'm sorry if this has been rude, but I'm reading everyone's previous posts and your friends excuses for him, and for some reason you're not getting it.

well, we didn't tell our parents because they would never agree and also because of society and religion, so we both agreed that it's between us (our siblings know, however). And regarding the apartment, it was my uncle's, it's his place, but he left the country and gave it to me. And he bought it, so it's not actually rent.
Original post by Meduza
good luck and come back for updates!!

I definitely well. Thank you.
Original post by qwertyking
That was my first thought too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you sure it's love, not just infatuation? This sounds pretty fast, to be honest. Whether things with him work or or whether they don't, maybe take some time to introspect and work on yourself.
Original post by carehow
Are you sure it's love, not just infatuation? This sounds pretty fast, to be honest. Whether things with him work or or whether they don't, maybe take some time to introspect and work on yourself.

I'm sure it's love. I thought it was infatuation at first, but it really is love. Like I can't describe the feeling. I have been infatuated with this girl for a whole year until she rejected me. I thought I loved her, but it was infatuation, so I know the difference now. I love him.
At first I was thinking that he's going to break up with you.

BUT. I thought back to a few months ago, when I was seeing a guy who smoked a lot of weed. We'd make plans and he would literally forget because he was so high all the time. He'd forget to text/thought he'd texted but was too high to press send, etc. I don't mind a guy smoking weed but when it gets to the point of forgetting plans etc, it's a bit much. It's pretty much the main reason I stopped making the effort, and found someone else. I wasn't in love with him (we'd only seen each other for a month or two) but I certainly liked him.

See how it goes when you pick him up, but make sure you make him aware of how hurt you've been! High or not, it's not fair on you to have been so distant.
Original post by carlaraptor
At first I was thinking that he's going to break up with you.

BUT. I thought back to a few months ago, when I was seeing a guy who smoked a lot of weed. We'd make plans and he would literally forget because he was so high all the time. He'd forget to text/thought he'd texted but was too high to press send, etc. I don't mind a guy smoking weed but when it gets to the point of forgetting plans etc, it's a bit much. It's pretty much the main reason I stopped making the effort, and found someone else. I wasn't in love with him (we'd only seen each other for a month or two) but I certainly liked him.

See how it goes when you pick him up, but make sure you make him aware of how hurt you've been! High or not, it's not fair on you to have been so distant.

reading that gave me a huge sense of relief. I really hope you're right. And I will let him know eventually. Thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending