The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

anyone going to uni of southampton who hasn't got the masterpass?

hey I was just wondering if there is anyone who is not going to buy the masterpass...:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by rex566
hey I was just wondering if there is anyone who is not going to buy the masterpass...:smile:

I haven't yet. I've just been thinking of all the societies I'd like to join which are going to cost me money in addition to master pass. Then there's the gym membership price too. I'm not really too keen on spending so much money after only a couple of weeks into university.

But with that said, I'm probably gonna end up getting one eventually anyway. It's just a matter of which. Right now I'm leaning more towards the easygoing one but a part of me is thinking that if I'm gonna spend up to 65 pounds anyway, I might as well just pay the extra 30 for everything.

Gah, I'll need to think about it some more.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I am thinking of getting an easygoing masterpass too otherwise I won't have anything else to do...and for gym membership I will see how everything goes in the first few weeks and then I might get one...haven't decided properly yet!
Reply 3
Original post by Seize
I haven't yet. I've just been thinking of all the societies I'd like to join which are going to cost me money in addition to master pass. Then there's the gym membership price too. I'm not really too keen on spending so much money after only a couple of weeks into university.

But with that said, I'm probably gonna end up getting one eventually anyway. It's just a matter of which. Right now I'm leaning more towards the easygoing one but a part of me is thinking that if I'm gonna spend up to 65 pounds anyway, I might as well just pay the extra 30 for everything.

Gah, I'll need to think about it some more.

I only found out about the master passes today. Now I'm really worried since every post I have seen on the facebook page for my halls has said they have got the outgoing one already. (Wessex lane, Connaught halls)

I'm not sure if I need to buy one or if there will be pleanty I can do just by turning up, and even if I did get one I would probably enjoy the easy going one more, which seems to be way less popular so I may not find anyone else to go with :s-smilie:

Does anyone know how quickly they sell out? I'm still in two minds about buying one and even then I am not sure which to get!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Tdarnell
I only found out about the master passes today. Now I'm really worried since every post I have seen on the facebook page for my halls has said they have got the outgoing one already. (Wessex lane, Connaught halls)

I'm not sure if I need to buy one or if there will be pleanty I can do just by turning up, and even if I did get one I would probably enjoy the easy going one more, which seems to be way less popular so I may not find anyone else to go with :s-smilie:

Does anyone know how quickly they sell out? I'm still in two minds about buying one and even then I am not sure which to get!

I'm staying in the same halls as you lol we've probably spoken on facebook, apparantly they sell out x
Reply 5
Original post by Cxx
I'm staying in the same halls as you lol we've probably spoken on facebook, apparantly they sell out x

Possibly, and I hope there are still some around when I finally decide what to do. Mind me asking what pass you opted for if any?
Reply 6
Possibly, and I hope there are still some around when I finally decide what to do. Mind me asking what pass you opted for if any?

Outgoing :smile: a lot of people have that one , if you're on the Facebook group there's a group chat for our halls , if you DM me your name I'll add you to it :smile:
Reply 7
I havent because i dont want to get one to find out none of my flatmates bought one
Reply 8
Original post by Pryender
I havent because i dont want to get one to find out none of my flatmates bought one

I don't know specifically about my flat yet, but I do now know there are others in my halls with the easy going so I'm going to go for that one, have you checked if there is a Facebook page for your halls? :smile:

Edit: After talking to people in my halls a bit more, I opted for the out going one. It has a pokemon party!! :')
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9

I've just seen what each of the events will cost individually and I think I've made the right decision to hold out on buying the master pass. I don't think the cost of all the ones I'm interested in will reach 95 pounds.

Patience ftw! :biggrin:

http://www.susu.org/calendar/5794/susu-market.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
So yeah, I think I've made up my mind. I'm not gonna get ANY of these passes! :cool:
Reply 11
Original post by Seize
So yeah, I think I've made up my mind. I'm not gonna get ANY of these passes! :cool:

AWW dw u r nt the only one...I haven't got any of the passes yet and probably I won't buy one! the most annoying thing is that apparently u can't even go to welcome party without those passes :/
Reply 12
Original post by rex566
AWW dw u r nt the only one...I haven't got any of the passes yet and probably I won't buy one! the most annoying thing is that apparently u can't even go to welcome party without those passes :/

Aw that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping I can just buy a separate ticket for it. I guess we're in for some lonely nights :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest