The Student Room Group

Entering University Early ???!!!

Hello :colone:

Basically i got a chance to join the university of huddersfield for DIRECT entry .I am gonna take mechanical engineering(i know its difficult :wink:.i studied in a american school in Dubai and as you know there is no sixth form or year 13(school finishes at year 12).Normally i was meant to take a foundation year but the university saw my marks and said it will be a waste of a year:redface:.I decided to take the offer but my question is will it be harder than usual without year 13.I am really good in calculus,physics and chemistry and have no problem with them.In Dubai school is different and they basically chuck a load of work and tests in each work and i was able to work hard and achieved a gpa of 4.But will foundation have a big impact on me.:s-smilie:

Thanks for reading.Any answer will be amazing.Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Awami

is that direct entry into 1st year? If it is then do not worry as year 1 is all about getting everyone to the same sort of level, just work hard my friend! Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by a10
is that direct entry into 1st year? If it is then do not worry as year 1 is all about getting everyone to the same sort of level, just work hard my friend! Good luck :smile:

Yep it is direct year.Thanks for the positive feedback.was seeing people lately getting stressed out because of engineering courses .
American schools start at a later age, hence why there's no year 13, you should be at a similar academic level though assuming you took APs.

Quick Reply