The Student Room Group

How can i st\art revising early if i dont know when my exams are?

Hi there,
so ive returned to high school this week and im currently in year 11, I want to start revising all of my subjects ready for my gcse exams however im unsure of when they actually are? I know this sounds stupid but im confused.. when are the mock exams usually? and when are the final exams usually? maybe so I can have a rough outline.. I could start revising now but I need a rough timeline. For my GCSE's I took; Additional science, French, english lit, english lang, maths, geography, art and ICT if that helps at all.

Thankyou,
if you get back to me you're a star!!!
:smile:
I didn't know it was possible to start revising too early for exams? :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by Gubleer
Hi there,
so ive returned to high school this week and im currently in year 11, I want to start revising all of my subjects ready for my gcse exams however im unsure of when they actually are? I know this sounds stupid but im confused.. when are the mock exams usually? and when are the final exams usually? maybe so I can have a rough outline.. I could start revising now but I need a rough timeline. For my GCSE's I took; Additional science, French, english lit, english lang, maths, geography, art and ICT if that helps at all.

GCSE exams start on May 11th next summer.
I'm in year 11 and for my school mocks start in November. Exams start in May.
Original post by Gubleer
Hi there,

Thankyou,
if you get back to me you're a star!!!
:smile:

Hello! I felt the same when I did my gcses, I got so panicked and ended up starting my revision in about September! I think for most schools mocks tend to be after Xmas, but for our school we had them before and after the October halfterm, which was so bad because we had about two weeks to revise and we hadn't even learnt half the syllabus.

For the subjects you're doing I would recommend just a little bit of revision at a time. Maths is all about practice, and science at gcse is really just a memory game. I would recommend starting as soon as you can. Don't overdo it, but if you start this side of Christmas you will be so glad you did by the time April comes round. But don't start past papers too early, just recap your class notes, maybe write them up again, practice questions etc, just keep your brain active! It's never too early to start revising :tongue:
Reply 5
I think a provisional exam timetable is released in November time or thereabouts, and besides a lot of exams stay around the same date every year.

Practically, the exams are so far away that you may as well consider them equidistant. Just focus on going over content from Year 10 if anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
GCSE exams start on May 11th next summer.

okay thankyou!!

Quick Reply

Latest