Do u think it is worth getting a remark
Has anyone ever got their grade moved up in maths
Reply 1
Original post by Zicoibe
Hi all
I was 2marks off a C in edexcel maths

Personally I wouldn't get a remark for maths as it isn't a marker subjective subject. The answers for it are all more or less right/wrong. Where as a subject such as English has more variation.

I'd talk to your teacher and see if they can access the mark for each question break down. Then decide. Since you may feel you did well on a question or be adamant you got the right answer but got no marks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Zicoibe
Hi all
I was 2marks off a C in edexcel maths

I agree that it wouldn't be very helpful, they hardly change the mark count compared to exams that have high mark, English-based answers.

But if you want to go to university, or the D in maths GCSE may hold you back in life, then you may as well try as you have nothing to lose (except some money).
Reply 3
Original post by Mr.Samba
I agree that it wouldn't be very helpful, they hardly change the mark count compared to exams that have high mark, English-based answers.

But if you want to go to university, or the D in maths GCSE may hold you back in life, then you may as well try as you have nothing to lose (except some money).

Would it be best to just resit maths in November and are the grade boundaries likely to be high in november
I would get it remarked anyway just in case. Examiners do make mistakes, and at the end of the day your education is more important than money.
Reply 5
Original post by Zicoibe
Would it be best to just resit maths in November and are the grade boundaries likely to be high in november

Yes! Resit it. Grade boundaries are normally all around the same place Just work extra hard and make sure you are in the general grade boundary. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest