The Student Room Group

What do you think of men who give exclusively favourable treatment to women?

This poll is closed

Should men give favourable treatment to women only?

I'm a man and we should 3%
I'm a man and we shouldn't 70%
I'm a woman and they should 11%
I'm a woman and they shouldn't16%
Total votes: 37
Is it fair?
Are they nice because they think it'll get them laid?

Should it be encouraged?

I was out and saw a man let all the women first onto the bus before the men could get on....i wasn't particularly pleased. So beta.

Let me hear your views..

Scroll to see replies

beta white knights, fair enough if it's just one or two people but all the women? just lawl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Arithmeticae
beta white knights, fair enough if it's just one or two people but all the women? just lawl

Posted from TSR Mobile

There were only 3 women but still..that's like disrespecting me.
Original post by bittr n swt
There were only 3 women but still..that's like disrespecting me.
did he actually tell you to stay back while he let the women pass? criiiiiinge :rofl:
(edited 9 years ago)
I think men should treat women like queens.
It's weird. Like what is the point exactly?
Reply 6
Original post by Arithmeticae
did he actually tell you to stay back while he let the women pass? criiiiiinge :rofl:

Lol nah I didn't get on the bus but he had his arm in the air to signal the girls to go on first. Jeez

Original post by Marky Mark

Why?

Why?

Because women are afflicted with period pains and labour pains when they're giving birth to your children. It's also a lot more difficult for women to navigate the world because it was created by men i.e. it's very hard at the moment to be a pregnant woman and in education whereas men have no such qualms.

Men should be opening doors, pulling chairs and being courteous to women in any way possible.
Reply 8
Because women are afflicted with period pains and labour pains when they're giving birth to your children. It's also a lot more difficult for women to navigate the world because it was created by men i.e. it's very hard at the moment to be a pregnant woman and in education whereas men have no such qualms.

Men should be opening doors, pulling chairs and being courteous to women in any way possible.

****ing hell...well I won't say no more
Reply 9
Also I'm for the poll option ''they should do whatever they wish to do''

Women aren't in a constant state of pregnancy.

I open doors for both genders if I have the time, and I'm courteous to both genders if I'm treated with the same courtesy. The notion that women should demand preferential treatment is foolish at best, and extremely ironic considering how many complain about sexism.

I feel a lot better now I know you're a troll!

Are women constantly pregnant in your world?
Original post by FutureHeartSurg
Women aren't in a constant state of pregnancy.

I open doors for both genders if I have the time, and I'm courteous to both genders if I'm treated with the same courtesy. The notion that women should demand preferential treatment is foolish at best, and extremely ironic considering how many complain about sexism.

Pregnancy was just an example of a struggle that is specific to women which men not unlike yourself are oblivious to and seldom have to even feign to understand. I don't think it's sexist to show preferential treatment to women considering the fact that women experience harassment and misogyny in equal part in a way you can say they cancel each other out.

I think it's refreshing to see a man who knows how to treat a lady in this age where being male is synonymous with being a dick.
No, it would be nice if people were more considerate in general though, we should bring back the etiquette rules of the 19th Century gentlefolk but without the hypocrisy, sexism and class divide.
Pregnancy was just an example of a struggle that is specific to women which men not unlike yourself are oblivious to and seldom have to even feign to understand. I don't think it's sexist to show preferential treatment to women considering the fact that women experience harassment and misogyny in equal part in a way you can say they cancel each other out.

I think it's refreshing to see a man who knows how to treat a lady in this age where being male is synonymous with being a dick.

I think you spelt your name wrong, it's Mary not Mark.

Men can also experience harassment and discrimination. Not common but it happens.
Reply 16
Is it fair?
Are they nice because they think it'll get them laid?

Should it be encouraged?

I was out and saw a man let all the women first onto the bus before the men could get on....i wasn't particularly pleased. So beta.

Let me hear your views..

That is creepy. If someone was making a point of drawing attention to my sex or gender I would be rather weirded out and think they were a nob.

In the specific situation you mention, if I was aware that the person was actually preventing another man from getting on at the same time for my sake then I would probably wait and let said man get on in front of me (to be fair I am rarely in a rush to get on first anyway, and sex/gender plays absolutely no role in my decision to let someone on before me or not - I cringe on the very rare occasion that a guy turns down my polite offer to try to make me go first 'because I'm a lady').
Original post by Ronove
That is creepy. If someone was making a point of drawing attention to my sex or gender I would be rather weirded out and think they were a nob.

In the specific situation you mention, if I was aware that the person was actually preventing another man from getting on at the same time for my sake then I would probably wait and let said man get on in front of me (to be fair I am rarely in a rush to get on first anyway, and sex/gender plays absolutely no role in my decision to let someone on before me or not - I cringe on the very rare occasion that a guy turns down my polite offer to try to make me go first 'because I'm a lady').

Good post, I agree too. If I want to be courteous I will do it to anyone regardless of gender.
Reply 18
No one should receive preferential treatment due to their sex or gender.

And women should treat men like Kings :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest