The Student Room Group

Just not sure what to do? Accounting/Business/Finance/Computer Science all options?

I'm not really sure what to do and UCAS applications start in a couple of weeks :/

Basically, I got my AS results back and they were poor. Financial Studies A, IT A, Business and Economics A. I am quite confident that I can achieve an A* in all of three but especially the first two. But then I got a D in Psychology and a U in Maths. The plan I made with the schools careers advisor was that I knew that I was get a poor grade and I expected a D and that I would get a tutor straight away and work very hard and do retakes to achieve a B. However, the school won't let me continue. So i'm continuing with Psychology and dropping Maths. I know that if I did do Maths then I would put a lot more focus and dedication for it. I was targeted a B in Maths but I think doing 5 subjects was too much for me. I'm very disappointed. The worst thing is that I found the course that I would love to do at Uni after I took my exams and that requires an A in A level maths. Also, I'm not even that interested in Psychology and I used to love Maths, I don't know what happened and I was quite gutted for a couple of weeks. But, I've got to move on although I haven't had an meeting with any teachers. I would swap Psychology for Maths right now.

I am still planning to retake two of the AS Maths Units so that I get a respectable Maths qualification which I think I deserve.

My other subjects all revolve around Maths so it's narrowing my options about the stuff i'm interested and me going to a top Uni. I know that this A2 year I will focus much more and I am hoping to get A*A*AB atleast.

So those are the subjects I've been doing and I think it's logical if I pursue a degree in Accounting/Finance/Business/Economics/Computer Science. I've been looking at combined degrees or even triple and I like the look of a few. I just want a good uni that will take me to a career I like. Not sure how I choose though what one I most like and if I could get into one. Would they recognise Financial Studies and IT and would allow me to put them in my offer. Not sure what I could do but I plan on moving north, ideally Lancaster/York/Manchester. My dad wants me to do computer science and i've always retained an interest in computers and the way they work. But also, I plan on running a business one day and that's my goal.
Any advice? I might go see my careers advisor again but applications for Uni's start soon and I want to decide soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending