The Student Room Group

Best time to workout?

Hey,

When is the most beneficial time to work out?

Before or after breakfast?
Before or after lunch?
Before or after dinner?

And why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
just don't do it in phaggy time - don't want to turn into beta chestbrah srs.

Get ripped or die mirin.
Reply 2
Original post by Baloney
Hey,

Before or after lunch?
Before or after dinner?

And why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I normally go after school, so about 4... So before dinner, after lunch, however you see it.

Why? It's just easy for me as the gym is near my school
doesn't matter

/thread
People have varying opinions on this, but here's a website that talks about the best time for certain people.:smile:
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/whats-the-best-time-to-exercise
Reply 5
The best time is the time you'll stick to.
Workout timing and meal timing are irrelevant.
I work out in the pi/2 axis. Imaginary time brah.

Doesn't really make much difference tbh
benefits to all supposedly

personally I can't do anything until I've had breakfast, I've tried running beforehand and I just feel like death... but straight after breakfast sets you up nicely for the day, puts you in a good mood, gets you woken up and energised... in the afternoon/evening you will be more warmed up and that's when I personally work out best, and later at night is nice because there's less people around so you can get some solitude
Original post by Baloney
Hey,

Before or after lunch?
Before or after dinner?

And why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The time you work out depends on when you feel like you're ready to work out.

For example, I usually go for a 20 min jog in the mornings (6am-6:20am), then I come back and have either porridge or a fruit salad for breakfast.

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I train between 11:20am and 1pm and have my lunch after

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I train between 3pm and 5pm so before dinner.

Training before a meal will make you more thirsty and less hungry meaning that you'll be drinking a lot more and so you will need smaller portions of food. The best way to keep track of it all is to make a chart which shows you when you're training and when your meal time is. I eat five small meals a day to balance out my diet and to keep me going throughout the day. But again, everyone is different.

I hope I helped but if you have any more questions or queries, just DM me or ask for my email :smile:
The best time? When you feel at your most energized and/or motivated to workout. I go to the gym at 6am, because believe it or not, that's when I feel most motivated (or it's too early to realise why I'm doing this to myself :wink: ) and I run in the evening because I love an evening run so I'm motivated for it then.

So yeah, it depends on you!
I prefer early to mid afternoon.
I think the best time for work out is in the morning between 6-8 a.m.
Reply 13
Tomorrow.
It's a matter of persona preference, tbh. I like to work out in the morning and eat about an hour beforehand.
Reply 15
I have a friend who's a professional trainer and we had a convo about this.
He said the best time to work out is in the morning. when you work out the body realises endorphins which is a natural high. So throughout your day you'll feel refreshed.
Original post by Yemiisii
I have a friend who's a professional trainer and we had a convo about this.
He said the best time to work out is in the morning. when you work out the body realises endorphins which is a natural high. So throughout your day you'll feel refreshed.

Actually i must say that the few times i worked out in the morning, i had a significant rush of energy compared to normal (can't say i felt different all day) so i can see how it's great at waking you.

That being said i recall another suggesting that your body does not respond as effectively soon after sleep, no blood pressure benefit for example.
the best time is always directly after Red Hot Buffet vomsaiyan

Quick Reply

Latest