The Student Room Group

Getting into Child Nursing Advice

Hello
I have just started college and I am studying CACHE level 2 in Children and Young peoples workforce with GCSE English along side. I am also going to ask to take GCSE Biology. I am aiming to apply to childrens nursing at UWE, Birmingham City, Plymouth and Bournemouth. I just need some advice on what to take at college next year to give me the best chances of getting a place. I have 3 options:

Option 1 is to take the BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and social care( health science) worth 3 A levels

Option 2 is to take the BTEC Diploma in Health and social care worth 2 A levels plus A level Human Biology and the extended project qualification

Option 3 is to take the BTEC Subsidary Diploma in health and social care worth 1 a level plus A level Human Biology, A level Psychology and the extended project qualification

What do people think? any advice or tips would be greatful

Many Thanks

SilentMelody

Original post by SilentMelody
Hello
I have just started college and I am studying CACHE level 2 in Children and Young peoples workforce with GCSE English along side. I am also going to ask to take GCSE Biology. I am aiming to apply to childrens nursing at UWE, Birmingham City, Plymouth and Bournemouth. I just need some advice on what to take at college next year to give me the best chances of getting a place. I have 3 options:

Option 1 is to take the BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and social care( health science) worth 3 A levels

Option 2 is to take the BTEC Diploma in Health and social care worth 2 A levels plus A level Human Biology and the extended project qualification

Option 3 is to take the BTEC Subsidary Diploma in health and social care worth 1 a level plus A level Human Biology, A level Psychology and the extended project qualification

What do people think? any advice or tips would be greatful

Many Thanks

SilentMelody

I personally like the sound of Option 2. On my BTEC Diploma I completed four work placements in nurseries and one dementia care home, that experience really helped in regards to my CV and personal statement. Also doing an A Level gives you experience of both qualifications and gives you a head start in Biology so sounds good to me!
Reply 2
Thank you! I agree with that and it means only one exam lol as I hate exams but I am not bad at them. I have to complete 250 placement hours on my lv 2 course and then another 100 for the diploma with a option of taking a unit which would add another 100 hours placement :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest