The Student Room Group

David Cameron on Isis (Russell Brand)

http://youtu.be/GQxwaVQWSbY

Found this video informative and interesting thought it's worth to share :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What I've watched of him, he seems to logically think things through.
Reply 2
What an idiot.
Why does he treat everything as a joke?
He does make sense
Original post by Anonymous263
http://youtu.be/GQxwaVQWSbY

Found this video informative and interesting thought it's worth to share :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

anybody who thinks russel brand is "informative and interesting" has lost their grip on reality
Reply 5
Original post by Meenglishnogood
anybody who thinks russel brand is "informative and interesting" has lost their grip on reality

Agreed.

I mean I'm not a fan of David Cameron but I don't think is he evil.
Brand pretty much just implied that Cameron is worse than ISIS.

Russel Brand is nothing more than an mouthpeice that spits out typical modern left wing rubbish.
Oh how old leftists like Orwell would be rolling in their grave.
russell brand is pseudo-intellectual **** who enjoys spending his tidbits to us little people, all the way from his multi million pound mansion
Original post by Falcatas
Agreed.

I mean I'm not a fan of David Cameron but I don't think is he evil.
Brand pretty much just implied that Cameron is worse than ISIS.

Russel Brand is nothing more than an mouthpeice that spits out typical modern left wing rubbish.
Oh how old leftists like Orwell would be rolling in their grave.

i would describe brand as an attention seeking tosspot. i wonder how many other *******s will eventually come out of the wood work to use a terrorist groups beheading, raping and enslaving people as an opportunity to bitch about david cameron
i would describe brand as an attention seeking tosspot. i wonder how many other *******s will eventually come out of the wood work to use a terrorist groups beheading, raping and enslaving people as an opportunity to bitch about david cameron

I think you guys are missing the point, you may not like Brand or his personality but the real "bad guy" is Cameron. He is a war profiteer.

Why?
I think you guys are missing the point, you may not like Brand or his personality but the real "bad guy" is Cameron. He is a war profiteer.

All state leaders are war profiteers this is not unique to Cameron
The true heir to Blair
What a dickhead. He's blaming the fact that some British Muslims have gone to Syria and Iraq to kill people on our failure to create a "more inclusive society". The only reason a Muslim would feel disenfranchised is if he segregated himself from society.

And then he goes on to claim that IS would not exist if not for economic and political grievances. IS' aims are based religious grounds.

And then there's the fact that Brand does not know the difference between capital punishment in Saudi Arabia (though that is deplorable) and executions without trial that violate international law in Iraq.

He thinks he lives in an Orwellian nigthtmare when he actually lives in one of the freest and most just nation in the world.

He wants us to address climate change and get rid of our nuclear deterrent, neither of which the UK can do unless all the nations in the world do that as well. It's completely impractical.

And what exactly is his problem with Cameron pointing out that most Muslims are peaceful but some Muslims are driven by their religion to commit heinous acts? It's a fact, no matter how much Brand wants to mock him for pointing it out.

He asks what makes us different from the people in IS? They're brainwashed fanatics, that's the main difference. People live in abject conditions all over the world, you don't see all of them going on murderous rampages.

Oh and the cherry on top, capitalism is a greater threat than IS.

His point about Saudi Arabia and Qatar is actually a good one, but it's drowned in so much nonsense.
Original post by Falcatas
All state leaders are war profiteers this is not unique to Cameron
The true heir to Blair

Then why do we agree with this? Isn't it wrong? Why do we accept people like him whilst our lives get worse?
Rusell Brand says some sickening things such as comparing Isis's barbarism to deaths by car accidents, newsflash Russel cars bring a great benefit to society and whilst there are some accidents they are almost always not intentionale. The sickening acts commited by Isis far dwarf any negative effects of cars and they are completely different in their nature, being entirely intentional and malicous.
David Cameron was DEMOCRATICALLY ****ING ELECTED YOU DUNCE, he isn't 'IMPOSING' his ideals, he is NOTHING LIKE ISIS.
Original post by Shakira law
David Cameron was DEMOCRATICALLY ****ING ELECTED YOU DUNCE, he isn't 'IMPOSING' his ideals, he is NOTHING LIKE ISIS.

I'm not sure Russell brand is going to read that :P
Did you vote for him? Just out of curiosity
I'm not sure Russell brand is going to read that :P
Did you vote for him? Just out of curiosity

No I voted Labour, I'm left wing but not a loon.
Original post by tengentoppa

He wants us to address climate change and get rid of our nuclear deterrent, neither of which the UK can do unless all the nations in the world do that as well. It's completely impractical.

I know it isn't your main point, but how do people actually believe this? Honestly, I've heard it several times and it's such a mad statement, I don't even have a strong opinion on nukes either way.
Original post by Shakira law
No I voted Labour, I'm left wing but not a loon.

Fair enough. I would argue that although David Cameron doesn't go about chopping people's heads off he is evil and only cares about money not about our security or wellbeing
Fair enough. I would argue that although David Cameron doesn't go about chopping people's heads off he is evil and only cares about money not about our security or wellbeing

All politicians care about their own power, the policy is just a sideshow.

Quick Reply

Latest