The Student Room Group

Problems with boss...

Basically my boss is an absolute bitch... I can't stand her and the sooner I graduate and start my PGCE the better (I work full time and study at OU currently)

Anyway she wrote me a list of emails today ranting and raving and basically belittled me to the extreme.. I don't feel confident in my job now nor do I feel like I care!! I have a meeting with her tomorrow, can I approach her attitude and how belittle I feel and how my morale and confidence is completely shot?

Or is this dangerous territory?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
She`s not allowed to talk to you like that. Is there no other senior management you can discuss it with?
Reply 2
Original post by J-SP
Do you know what the purpose of the meeting is?

Depending on it's purpose, it could be either very appropriate or inappropriate to discuss this.

My suggestion is to speak to someone else to discuss your concerns, either their boss/HR/your union (if you have one) and get someone to mediate on you behalf of both you and your boss.

Even if you take this approach (which is the most professional) you have to be aware that things are likely to be tense and get worse before they get better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

Her being a bitch isn't illegal but, you could get free legal advice from http://www.acas.org.uk/
Reply 3
Original post by J-SP
Do you know what the purpose of the meeting is?

Depending on it's purpose, it could be either very appropriate or inappropriate to discuss this.

My suggestion is to speak to someone else to discuss your concerns, either their boss/HR/your union (if you have one) and get someone to mediate on you behalf of both you and your boss.

Even if you take this approach (which is the most professional) you have to be aware that things are likely to be tense and get worse before they get better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice... The meeting tomorrow is to discuss what she was ranting at today!!

I work for a small company, the HR director and her boss all are in one big "click" and it's difficult to approach them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest