The Student Room Group

Worth sitting Maths exam in november?

I was wondering if it was worth sitting the maths exam in november? i noticed the grade boundaries are higher than in june but is the maths exam in november easier than the one in june?
Reply 1
Original post by Yousf
I was wondering if it was worth sitting the maths exam in november? i noticed the grade boundaries are higher than in june but is the maths exam in november easier than the one in june?

I did a GCSE maths paper in November and June. I got the exact same mark on both. So in terms of difficulty i'd say they are more or less the same each time. The June grade boundaries for me were higher. :dontknow:
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
I did a GCSE maths paper in November and June. I got the exact same mark on both. So in terms of difficulty i'd say they are more or less the same each time. The June grade boundaries for me were higher. :dontknow:

Oh i though june had lower grade boundaries for eg, you needed 131 marks for an A in june 2013, but in november 2013 you needed 139 for an A:s-smilie:
Original post by Yousf

Sit june, people always do better in june.
Reply 4
Original post by Yousf
Oh i though June had lower grade boundaries for eg, you needed 131 marks for an A in June 2013, but in November 2013 you needed 139 for an A:s-smilie:

Fair point. It depends on which grade you're looking at. :tongue:

Quick Reply