The Student Room Group

Chance of applying to LSE, UCL or Cambridge?

GCSEs
Mathematics A*
Further Mathematics A
Biology B
Chemistry A
Physics B
English language A
English Literature B
German B
History B
Geography A
Religious Education A*

So 2 A*s, 4 As and 5 Bs

AS levels
Mathematics A (100%)
Further Maths A (95%)
Physics A
Religious Studies A
Economics A

A2 Predictions
A*s in all my subjects bar physics
(I opted to drop RE)

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate the time

Edit: I'd like to study economics at uni
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jake4198
GCSEs
Mathematics A*
Further Mathematics A
Biology B
Chemistry A
Physics B
English language A
English Literature B
German B
History B
Geography A
Religious Education A*

So 2 A*s, 4 As and 5 Bs

AS levels
Mathematics A (100%)
Further Maths A (95%)
Physics A
Religious Studies A
Economics A

A2 Predictions
(I opted to drop RE)

What were the UMS percentages in your other AS subjects, and what subject do you want to study at university?
Original post by Doomlar
What were the UMS percentages in your other AS subjects, and what subject do you want to study at university?

Sorry, I want to study economics at university.

I got a above 90 percent in both economics and RS. I only scraped the A for physics
Reply 3
Sorry, I want to study economics at university.

I got a above 90 percent in both economics and RS. I only scraped the A for physics

No need to apologise! :smile: I'm estimating that you have over a 91 or 92% UMS average across all your five subjects, which puts you in with a decent chance at Cambridge provided you do well in the interview- I don't know much about your other choices though :s-smilie:
It is defo worth going for Cambridge as your Maths is very strong and they will love the 97.5% Maths average. By the looks of it you qualify for compulsory pooling (if your UMS best 3 average is over 93%) which is very good.

LSE are much more particular with GCSEs (known as "GCSE nazis"!)so this may go against you but with all A's t AS you stand a good chance with a stellar personal statement. UCL will be similar to LSE but slightly less competitive.
For these guys, as they may not ask for UMS - get your teacher to mention your high UMS's in the reference. :smile:
Original post by Doomlar
No need to apologise! :smile: I'm estimating that you have over a 91 or 92% UMS average across all your five subjects, which puts you in with a decent chance at Cambridge provided you do well in the interview- I don't know much about your other choices though :s-smilie:

Thanks for your help :smile:
I'll have a look around to see what they expect
Original post by groovyd97
It is defo worth going for Cambridge as your Maths is very strong and they will love the 97.5% Maths average. By the looks of it you qualify for compulsory pooling (if your UMS best 3 average is over 93%) which is very good.

LSE are much more particular with GCSEs (known as "GCSE nazis"!)so this may go against you but with all A's t AS you stand a good chance with a stellar personal statement. UCL will be similar to LSE but slightly less competitive.
For these guys, as they may not ask for UMS - get your teacher to mention your high UMS's in the reference. :smile:

Thnaks for your reply, very useful and reassuring :smile:

I'll take my chances and apply to Cambridge, see what happens.
Reply 7
Thnaks for your reply, very useful and reassuring :smile:

I'll take my chances and apply to Cambridge, see what happens.

No problem, head over to this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2801773

If you ask the same question you asked here, the Christ's College admissions staff will get back to you and give you a more definitive answer :smile: Just put in your accurate UMS percentages for your subjects for the best results :smile:
GCSEs
Mathematics A*
Further Mathematics A
Biology B
Chemistry A
Physics B
English language A
English Literature B
German B
History B
Geography A
Religious Education A*

So 2 A*s, 4 As and 5 Bs

AS levels
Mathematics A (100%)
Further Maths A (95%)
Physics A
Religious Studies A
Economics A

A2 Predictions
(I opted to drop RE)

Edit: I'd like to study economics at uni

Cambridge and LSE look at UMS so you're fine for both, maybe your chances are better at Cambridge than LSE since the latter also look more closely at GCSEs, whilst the former has interviews as a discriminator. UCL not as competitive so will most likely get an offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending