The Student Room Group

Acting With A Script

Hey,

Tomorrow i am doing a 'production'. The reason i've put production in inverted commas is that it's not really a production. It's Heritage Day tomorrow, Saturday, and people are touring the theatre where i regularly perform, they have asked me (on Thursday of this week) to perfom on Saturday, a nineteen page script.

There is no way the script could be learnt during this time, because this is only a 'background piece' that will be going on when people are touring the theatre, does it matter so much that i'm using a script to act with.

It's really annoyed me that we had to more advanced warning. How put off would you be to see a 16 year old performing with a script on stage?

As an actor, i'm really annoyed...
Acting with a script is not a performance, its more of a practise - i.e. quite dull.
Sounds like there is not much you can do about it now, about from memorise the script as much as possible- even if its only a few pages.

The people viewing the theatre might think you are just rehearsing or something.
Reply 2

Print out chunks of it, and stick it on your walls. it'll help you remember as even when you're not trying to remember it, in times of glancing around you'll end up reading it.
Reply 3
Thank you for your replies, they were very helpful.

I think 'College Guy' is right, that this whole event was meant as a rehursal, or 'work in progress' and that people touring the theatre would be able to see us rehurse.

That seems the most logical explanation. I will, however, try to use El Scotto's advice and learn some of the script.

Thanks guys.

Latest

Trending

Trending