The Student Room Group

HSPS test at Fitzwilliam interview

Hi, I am intent on applying to Fitzwilliam for HSPS this year. I noticed that the website says 'test at interview'. I was just wondering what this means in terms of the type of test - ie. verbal reasoning, or an essay, or general knowledge or all, etc. I just ask because the word 'test' led me to think that it could be the type of thing where there are right and wrong answers; which would not suit my strengths.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this test. If so, I would be immensely grateful for any help, just for peace of mind if anything else :smile:!
Reply 1
I'm a current HSPS student. For me, the 'test at interview' turned out being an essay-based exam. It was an hour long and we were instructed to answer one of a selection of ten questions that spanned the various disciplines of the course. The questions were very open and so could be approached in a number of ways. I wouldn't assume it will be one hour to answer one question, though; a mate of mine at a different college had to answer two questions within the same period of time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending