The Student Room Group

dyslexia

today i had an email confirming i was entitled to dsa because of my dyslexia. i just wondered if anyone knows what i could be entitled to? my mums given my a list of things she got when she went to uni but obviously a lot had changed since 2007...
Reply 1
I had my needs assessment a few weeks ago and was recomended
- a laptop (as mine is too old to run new software)
- a stand, keyboard, mouse and bag for the laptop
- three pieces of software for the laptop which do various things like read text to you, allow you to organise notes and dictaphone recordings and make mind maps easier
- a dictaphone and mic
- a printer scanner
- an allowance to buy ink and paper for the printer
- an allowance to buy textbooks and other consumables (e.g. Coloured paper)
- a study skills tutor
- funding for the colour eye test thing
- And money for coloured glasses lenses if needed
Everyone will be recomended slightly different software and equipment based on course and personal needs, but hope this gives you a few ideas :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by cherrib
today i had an email confirming i was entitled to dsa because of my dyslexia. i just wondered if anyone knows what i could be entitled to? my mums given my a list of things she got when she went to uni but obviously a lot had changed since 2007...

'Entitled to' is not a phrase that should be used in DSA. It is based on your individual needs and detail of your diagnostic assessment, and formulated by a DSA assessor. Don't go into an assessment expecting everything on the list.

Quick Reply

Latest