The Student Room Group

Retaking and Applying for university during Gap Year!

Hello!
Due to the exam changes last last (only summer exams)..I was wondering how people who took a Gap year and retook A levels did and coped with it?
Wether you applied as a private candidates and what grades did you get?
Did you have to explain in your personal statement that you were retaking exams?

Any information will be appreciated!! :smile::smile::wink:
Original post by Deepti12
Hello!
Due to the exam changes last last (only summer exams)..I was wondering how people who took a Gap year and retook A levels did and coped with it?
Wether you applied as a private candidates and what grades did you get?
Did you have to explain in your personal statement that you were retaking exams?

Any information will be appreciated!! :smile::smile::wink:

wow you posted this a while ago but I'll respond in the best way I can :smile:
I'm in a gap year right now and retaking all of my A2 modules as a private student. obviously results day is in august so I've not got them yet..perhaps it would have been better for me to respond to this after results day lol. Anyway, I'm coping pretty well, I've got a lot of material from last year and ordered some revision books online to help me further, not to mention TSR is very helpful too!
You don't have to say in your personal statement that you're retaking - I didn't. but you do have to declare it on your application, so I had to write my old A2 grades and then put the subjects I'm retaking now and tick the 'pending' option and the centre/school I'm resitting them at. Everything else is exactly the same :smile:
hope this was somewhat helpful
Original post by cherryred90s
wow you posted this a while ago but I'll respond in the best way I can :smile:
I'm in a gap year right now and retaking all of my A2 modules as a private student. obviously results day is in august so I've not got them yet..perhaps it would have been better for me to respond to this after results day lol. Anyway, I'm coping pretty well, I've got a lot of material from last year and ordered some revision books online to help me further, not to mention TSR is very helpful too!
You don't have to say in your personal statement that you're retaking - I didn't. but you do have to declare it on your application, so I had to write my old A2 grades and then put the subjects I'm retaking now and tick the 'pending' option and the centre/school I'm resitting them at. Everything else is exactly the same :smile:
hope this was somewhat helpful

Hi Cherry,

Don't let the little things get you down, buddy. I hope things get better for you. Although, I would advise refraining from posting contributions involving your emotions such as this to TSR, as this is only the kind of reaction 'trolls' look to get out of people who they bully.

I think TSR is a brilliant recourse, and if you view it as a place to recieve information about subjects/colleges/universities, as opposed to a site of social interraction, you may find yourself making more use of the forum and recieving less hatred.

I hope you do well for yourself, Isaac.

- JusOneLonelyNigga
Original post by JusOneLonelyNiga
Hi Cherry,

Don't let the little things get you down, buddy. I hope things get better for you. Although, I would advise refraining from posting contributions involving your emotions such as this to TSR, as this is only the kind of reaction 'trolls' look to get out of people who they bully.

I think TSR is a brilliant recourse, and if you view it as a place to recieve information about subjects/colleges/universities, as opposed to a site of social interraction, you may find yourself making more use of the forum and recieving less hatred.

I hope you do well for yourself, Isaac.

- JusOneLonelyNigga

what are you talking about? Nothing is getting me down? where have I posted contributions regarding my emotions? the OP asked a question that I have a fair amount of knowledge on, so I answered. what is wrong with that?
what are you talking about? Nothing is getting me down? where have I posted contributions regarding my emotions? the OP asked a question that I have a fair amount of knowledge on, so I answered. what is wrong with that?

Hi Cherry,

Don't worry I'm sure you're going to be swell all in good time! With regards to your previous post? make sure to always 'sign off' at the end; this leaves for better ettiquette on the forum and a more polite tone. For example, I always leave by saying 'Kind regards'.

I also noticed a sense of unease when reading your previous reply to the OP's question, and the comment of my own. Just relax, take your time, and hopefully things should fall into place in due course, Jacob.

Kind Regards,

JusOneLonelyNiga.
Original post by JusOneLonelyNiga
Hi Cherry,

Don't worry I'm sure you're going to be swell all in good time! With regards to your previous post? make sure to always 'sign off' at the end; this leaves for better ettiquette on the forum and a more polite tone. For example, I always leave by saying 'Kind regards'.

I also noticed a sense of unease when reading your previous reply to the OP's question, and the comment of my own. Just relax, take your time, and hopefully things should fall into place in due course, Jacob.

Kind Regards,

JusOneLonelyNiga.

I conclude that you're a troll. For that reason, I am no longer responding
I conclude that you're a troll. For that reason, I am no longer responding

Okay you're right I was just trolling XD I'm sorry if I had upset you. I like to have a little fun sometimes on TSR.

How was my trolling? Did you find it to any extent funny/annoying?

I am sorry for upsetting you, if I have indeed done so; and I hope everything works out for you in your life.

From JusOneLonelyNiga

Quick Reply

Latest